Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bridesmaid duties.

Hahaha, feeling lang ako, as I'm the only bridemaid around the bride right now. Anyway.

"I have a whole list of stuff I want to write about," I had said.

After looking at a couple of articles that I had submitted to a couple of 'zines, I realized that I had missed writing like that. I remembered how easy it was to write, as if I was merely blogging about what had happened during a particular day. In my notepad just now, I had listed down all those I want to write about, but haven't had much time to do so.

Hopefully I'll find the time to write soon.

So what have I been up to lately? Mostly I've been tagging along with Kuya and Ate Maui as they go about their wedding preparations. I've been helping Ate Maui add a few touches on their wedding invitations, and even after last night, we haven't finished yet, hahaha. Then last Friday, our family went out to lunch at this Korean place we used to eat at before (now it's under new management and has a new name). Hahaha, the manager watched in awe as my brother ate all those chili peppers as if it were candy. Then we went to Fernbrook to check out the venue of the wedding. Well, there wasn't really much to see, as there were a lot of workers in every place that we went to, doing repairs, watering the plants, all that stuff. Oh well, I hope everything will turn out pretty good on the big day itself.

Yesterday, Ate Maui, my mom and I went to the dressmaker for our first gown fitting. When Michelle had whipped out both my mom's dress and mine, the three of us knew that something was way off. All the colors were wrong! My mom's dress was supposed to be silver, and what was in front of us was cream-colored gown which made her look older. The dress Michelle had made for me was in blue-green, when she was specifically told that the color was supposed to be navy or midnight blue. And she had claimed that I gained weight. Kamusta naman. If I had gained weight, then I wouldn't have even zipped it up. The zipper managed to go up past my ribs, and stopped at the chest area. So ano yun, pumunta lahat ng taba sa chest area ko? And there was this ugly bulge in the front, as if it was made in a hurry.

I was already making side comments that only my mom could hear, just in case Ate Maui was fine with the color. But as it turned out, she didn't like everything at all because Michelle didn't follow what she had said. By the time we had left Michelle's and arrived at Kuya Roger's (for the barongs), Ate Maui had made phone calls both to Kuya and Jack (their wedding coordinator) about what had happened, then decided to buy the fabric in the color she had preferred. Kasi naman, one of the things Michelle had insisted was that she couldn't find taffetta in the shade of blue Ate Maui had wanted. Uhm, it was BLUE. Just look for DARK BLUE, diba? It's an easier color to find that BLUE-GREEN.

Last night, Kuya, Ate Maui and I put our heads together as we tried to figure out how they would do their AVP. We each had bits of suggestions that would work, but I hope we can put them together. Then they mentioned a magic word, "ballroom dancing." Hahaha, well, not really. They just wanted someone to teach them how to dance ballroom for their first dance. Ate Maui had also suggested adding a bit of crazy to their dance, and I really really really want to be part of it. I hope they'll let me, just so I can dance ballroom, hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. I make AVPs, I'd love to help. Or basically do it. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, thanks for the offer, but I think my brother's the one who'll be working on it. =)

    ReplyDelete