Saturday, October 11, 2008

Look back. What do you/we remember?

Last night, Maika sent me this text message:

FLASHBACK!

Text me one memory we had together. The 1st one that pops in your head. Keep this going and see what the remember about you.

I immediately replied with a memory of the two of us hanging out together in her dorm, McDo Taft, and the now defunct AKU. My goodness, the memories came rushing back. As we were texting each other, we both couldn't believe that over 5 years had already passed since then.

I turned it into sort of exercise, reminiscing what I could, both good and the bad. Yep, even the bad. I smiled at the memory of it, and didn't have any regrets of anything that had happened. Remembering the bad stuff meant that I managed to go through it and survive.

So I, in turn, also sent the same message to my friends. Every reply triggered a memory, usually something funny. From the replies I got, here are some of my favorites.

Betty: Nung nag mother and daughter day. (Mamma Mia pa ang pinanood namin na movie, hahaha. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!)
Cindy: Sandal mo sana ang ulo mo sa ulap... (Uhm, Cindy, hindi ba unan yun instead of ulap? Hahaha, Blue Jeans days will never fade.)
Dingdong: You wearing the pink hairband with the antennae. (Randomness during Tartuffe rehearsals. I just found this fuzzy hairband in one of the seats. In retaliation, I told him that my memory of him was his Cogsworth-looking wig in the play.)
Dyown: ZsaZsa Zaturnnah days. (Syempre, dito nabuo ang BFFs, hahaha!)
Trency: Early birds behind CCP. (During the summer, Trency and I always found each other hanging out at the South Entrance before class. At first we used to just study and rehearse scene, but then it evolved into small talk.)
Geli: Nung first time tayo nagkita sa rehearsals sa San Isidro na super "po" ako sa inyo nina Jojo. Hahaha! (Tama bang patandain pa ako lalo? Ahehehe. I was actually surprised to find out that they still sort of knew me from before my thesis was supposed to collaborate with their college org.)
Mia: Doubt! Hehe! (I can never forget the "chatroom" established over the headset, and how Bea had caught me lying on the prop bench--ready to sleep, I might add--from the other side of the stage. And of course, those quotable quotes.)
Lara: My top of my head memory. Corsets! When we helped each other. Classic! (This was how we became "breast friends." Hahaha.)
Lav: At Nemesis with you adlibbing because your co-actor flubbed a line. (My goodness, I was always in check while acting with Alvin in Nemesis because he always automatically corrected himself whenever he made a mistake. Thank goodness we managed to make things a little funny when I sort of improvised. And I was super duper glad to see Lav and Arni in the audience after not seeing them in 2 years.)
Nicco: Umuuwi tayo magkasabay tapos nagsusulat sa pad ko habang nasa bus. (Hahaha, I was always his human diary, especially when it came to his dreams and heartaches. We even made a special blog together just for certain thoughts and evolved into another blog with Drei.)

I was supposed to write a "back on this day" blog entry. But this is much better. What about you? What's the 1st memory you can think of of us together? Or you can share a memory of your own from any year at this exact time.

By the way, I heard that Marj just gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Congrats, Marj!

10 comments:

  1. Alabang Town Center.
    'Nuff said. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogi, di ako naka-reply. Pabangon pa lang ako non kahapon. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahaha, dun sa text ni Dyown, kayong lahat ang naalala ko. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. - Confirmation rehearsals and our love for Ms. Boyles.
    - Seeing you again for the first time after high school. Playshop! Wahahaha!

    Bakit ako hindi mo tinext? Ha? Ha? Ha? Pffffft. Wahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay, sorry! Hahaha!

    Pero shet, oo nga, confirmation rehearsals. Haha, dinaldal mo ako maski di tayo close.
    And of all places to meet pa after high school, sa Playshop pa. Bye Bye Birdie, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pwede two? Main Building Phone Booth, and 3-4 years. :P :P Nuff sed. :D

    ReplyDelete