Saturday, October 24, 2009

A wedding pictorial.

Went to Carms and Jay's wedding pictorial at Jay's house this afternoon until evening. Nope, don't think that these are the pre-nup photos, but they're just a little extra with the people involved in the wedding. And even before today, I knew I would have a blast. And I was right.

The pictorial was supposed to be scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday, but because some people couldn't make it, they had to stagger the schedules so each one can make it on a specific day. So I was one of the people who were rescheduled to a day earlier, which is today.

Jay's house was all the way up north, but somewhat familiar due to (very) occasional visits to the area. Thanks to Opa's specific (and Nicco's super vague) directions, I suddenly realized that I sort of already knew my way around. Thank goodness Carms got Jay to pick me up at the gas station outside their village, as the tricycle fare inside the village was pretty pricey.

Went straight to this recreation room (as I called it) where Carms and Kath were fully armed with tons of make-up. I breathed a sigh of relief when Carms had said that she and Kath will be doing our make-up, as I know I'd make a mess of it if I do it on my own. While Carms was putting foundation on, she even offered her and Kath's make-up services when it's my turn to get married, hahaha! She and Kath were quite the pros, and once Kath was done with me, I told them, "You're hired!" Hahahaha!

Aside from me with the bride and groom, 3 other people were in the pictorial--Yas, Ila and Alex. All 3 of them will be hosting the wedding reception, while I'll be handling the more technical stuff. Because I was the first one in the make-up chair, I ended up watching Kath work on Ila and Yas. Man, I envy girls like these who are make-up pros. Well, like Kath had said, she easily learned it because of constant make-up application in the theater. Please teach me, hahaha!

Watching Ila and Yas, I easily realized why Carms had picked them to host the reception. They're very conversational, easy-going and charming. Alex, Jay's friend and 3rd choice as host, on the other hand, is quite the goofy clown. Ang kuliiit! His upbeat personality complimented the 2 girls', so all 3 of them make quite a perfect team.

Pictorial time! After a set of photos of the couple with some of Jay's family members, I was then prompted that it was my turn next. When I headed to the adjoining bathroom to change, I found the door locked. Hmmm... maybe it was left locked by accident, so Carms let me go through the other door in Jay's room. Eep, also locked. After knocking a few times, we realized that there was no one inside, so it was locked from both doors by accident... and they can't seem to find the key! So while I dressed behind the bar table, they tried to search for the key but ended up in vain, until one of Jay's helpers decided to climb through the window to open the doors from the inside. Hahaha, success!

So anyway, I had to have solo photos taken, and I honestly had no idea how to pose, hahaha! I think I just stood there like a tree stump for a while until Jay had set that metal stool in front of me. I still had no idea what I looked like, but I just tried to go with it. I must've looked awkward in some of those photos, but Tito Ernie said that it came out pretty good (awww, thanks). I didn't want to see it yet, though, ahehe. I think I'll just wait until, say, February, hahaha!

After my photos with the couple, it was the hosts' turn. I only got to watch Ila's solos, because I had to change into a 2nd outfit, but she was a natural in front of the camera. I heard that when all 3 hosts were doing the group photos, they looked like they were starring in a sitcom, hahaha! Well, just watching the 3 of them together did look like a sitcom, ahehehe.

There was one more set of photos, the group cocktail attire. Haha, at first, we were instructed to wear "Sunday dresses," but for the life of me, I have no proper Sunday dress in my meager wardrobe. Thank goodness that Carms almost immediately changed the attire to cocktail dresses, hahaha. Even while we were shooting that set, we still cracked up because of Alex the walking sitcom.

After the group photos, we wrapped up and it was time to eat. Hahaha, I think I filled up and cleaned my plate about 3 times. I'm such a pig. It's just because the ham was pretty yummy. Hahaha, I even did the "Filipino way" and left one piece for any other takers, but it still ended up on my plate. When I was finally done, I joined the rest (as I was sitting with Kath at the other table with Jay's niece, Anya) as they chatted away. Ahaha, I was so amused at how Kath was so surprised to find out that Tad's my boyfriend. Well, I guess it's because during the occasional times that I met her (during Nicco's surprise birthday bash was the first, I think), I was still dating Jerald. Wow, that was so 3 years ago. And man, I wish I had enough space here to blog all the Alex antics, but I can't. Every quip that came out of his mouth was punctuated with everyone's laughter. He even showed off a video of himself on the race tracks (he's a pro-racer) when I made a little quip about that upcoming billboard of his, wahahaha. I think I managed to digest everything I ate just by sitting there, laughing. I even joked at least once or twice that I have a feeling na kay Alex ako mangangarag during the program because of his crazy antics, hahaha. But even with that, I have a feeling that with these three hosts, I'm sure it's going to be a fun program.

Carms had mentioned (while I was getting my 3rd serving of food, ahehe) that she and Kath sometimes work at events, and even said that if I want to, I could give it a shot and join them. Not a bad idea. I haven't done those one-day events in ages. It would be fun to go back to that.

When we were finally done, Carms, Jay and Kath gave me a lift all the way back to the south. Super thanks, you guys! Road trip ito. Haha, probinsya ba? Kasi pati gas prices nahiritan natin eh, hahaha!

I had such an awesome time today. My one-on-one date with Carms is already a couple of years overdue, but being with her during these occasional days until the big day really makes up for it. But I sure hope that one-on-one date will happen sometime, whenever she's not too busy working on her wedding plans. Friends like these are quite the treasure.

2 comments:

  1. I just love you, Hogi. Thanks so much! :) I'll see you for our one-on-one date soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Carms! Love you too! =) Can't wait for our date. =)

    ReplyDelete