Thursday, October 29, 2009

On fanatics.

Brief exchange from last Saturday...

Kath: May kamukha ka na artista... Sa ABS...
Me: (*shrugs*) Uhm, wala akong alam sa showbiz eh. Kakahiya, ahehe.
Kath: Mas nakakahiya naman pag masyadong marami kang alam, hahaha!

I admit, I used to be a groupie of some artist at some point in my life. I know at least a handful of people who can attest to that. I had some access to certain information, being friends with some of the "inner circle" and the artists themselves. But at least I know where to draw the line. There are some who don't. While I was chatting with Teena, she had even mentioned a particular "R" from our past. That person's still out there somewhere, and even though R had drifted away, that same person is still lurking in other people's interests to the extreme.

My advice to people who tend to go crazy with their fanaticism--please don't go overboard. I mean, it's alright to do research on people you admire, but there's a fine line between researching and stalking (to include other people that are connected to that object of obsession as well). It could start off as funny or amusing, but it could come out as annoying to some.

Just a thought. Not to point fingers, really, but just to state a point, because I'm really concerned about some people who could be involved.

6 comments: