Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Writing.

There are some occasions when some friends call me a "grammar geek," and sometimes even a "word nerd." Most probably because English and reading have always been my favorite subjects ever since the first grade. I love to read, devoured book after book each week, and had to keep renewing my library cards because I kept filling it up. There was even a phase in high school when I wrote poetry and even fictional summer stories (inspired by Iam's own fictional summer story idea). Org friends found out how I write in my online journals and almost all of them suddenly got me to write their yearbook writeups for them.

Even with that, I'm still not confident with my writing. I mean, yeah, I just write the way I speak in my head, and I tend to be OC with my grammar, but I still don't think I write all that well.

So now I'm tasked to write about a couple of friends, and I guess I'm just having writer's block.

Heck, even though this is my personal online journal, I sometimes get conscious about who reads my entries, even though among my friends. And to think that posting entries on an online public journal is already a risk in itself in opening up your personal life to the rest of the world. Anyway, when I found Nicco reading my last entry about Spring Awakening, I cringed and just sort of told him that I ran out of things to say after all the times we've talked about the show, hahaha.

Speaking of Nicco, it's amusing how he found a fan in one of my friends. I was chatting with her yesterday after she had seen the show this past weekend and started raving about the little guy who played Moritz.

OK, back to that magazine article assignment, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment