Friday, October 2, 2009

Hey, old friend.

My notebook has been filled with random stuff since last week, and I haven't posted any of them on my blog yet.

I love it when I see old friends that I haven't seen in years. When I was about to board a jeep from Taft Wednesday of last week, there was this one guy who hopped on the jeep right before I did. Once aboard the jeep, I managed to glance at the guy, and to my surprise, it was Rain! Hahaha, we were both so surprised to see each other already, and apparently, we were both on our way to Makati. We were pretty thrilled to be reunited again, even for a short time, so we gabbed the whole way while we were on the jeep and on the bus (not even minding how crowded the bus was and we had to stand) to Makati until I had to get off at RCBC.

While I was watching Spring Awakening's DTR that afternoon, I found a familiar face in the lobby when I went out during intermission. It was Dein, an old friend from Zobel productions as well as a fellow Trumpets Playshopper from years ago. As it turned out, he was to be an emergency usher for the shows, because his office was just right upstairs.

Another Playshopper I got in contact with was Ronelli. While I was online on Facebook sometime last week, she messaged me from out of the blue asking where I lived. That was when I found out that she's opening a coffee shop in my village! I can't wait to check it out.

Then of course, I had already blogged about meeting with Tin last week after the Spring Awakening DTR. Being with her that evening is one of the best times I've really laughed, even though we were hanging out for just a few short hours.

A couple of days after Ondoy's rage, when I stepped out into our garage to find Terie basking in this patch of sunlight on the floor, I saw a familiar pick-up truck parked outside our neighbor's house. It was the Forty's Party Supplies truck, picking up the party stuff that Tita Baby had rented out of her rescheduled birthday party (which was supposed to be last Saturday until the typhoon came). I saw a familiar-looking girl overseeing the egress. It was Isabel, one of the first friends I had in CSB. I haven't seen her since our 2nd term in school, and to think that we hung out together practically every day during our first term. It was great to see her again. She was actually surprised to find out that I lived across the street from their most recent client, even though we've told each other several times before how close our houses are from each other.

I also got to chat with Giselle, another Playshopper from the same batch as Dein and Ronelli, a couple of days ago. We were amused at how the world keeps getting smaller when we realized we had a couple more common friends. We also talked workshops, and assessed how our ventures outside Trumpets Playshop were (mine was good, hers didn't fare as well).

I sure do hope the weather will get better soon. I'm meeting another friend this weekend that I haven't seen in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment