Sunday, October 11, 2009

A friend's wedding prep meeting, plus Jenga.

Went to Hobbes and Landes at High Street this afternoon for a meeting with Carmella and her fiance Jay about their upcoming wedding. For some reason, their wedding reception needs a stage manager, and Carms decided to hire me for the job. Ever since she contacted me, I was so curious as to what I was supposed to do at the reception. I finally found out this afternoon.

When I arrived at Hobbes, I easily found Carms at the cafe inside, along with Jay and their friend Grae, with Grae's friend in tow (I forgot his name, sorry!). I finally got to meet Jay, after all the online chats with Carms, hahaha. So anyway, as Carms had promised, I was given a plastic envelope containing the schedule of the wedding and reception, a notebook and a pen. Hehehe, organized daw. After briefly looking at the schedule, I was finally told of the wedding theme. It was so original and it's really personalized to suit the couple. They were spurting out their ideas for the program, and I couldn't help but feel excited myself just because of the really cool concept.

What I love about Carms is that even though we haven't seen each other in ages, nothing had changed (well, except for some obvious stuff, hahaha). She's the type of friend that you know you can easily wack out with, yung tipong masarap kasama lagi. And it's so funny that I'm such a bad liar with her, even with the most trivial things, like lunch, hahahaha!

So anyway, meeting galore. We talked about the program, and how Carms and Jay wanted so-and-so, plus how the AVPs would be like, while I was stuffing my face with a bratwurst sandwich, hahaha. When they started ordering yoghurt, I noticed Grae playing with the Jenga blocks. So sure enough, when we were done talking about the wedding, it was time to play Jenga! Hahaha, we looked really silly as the Jenga tower rose as the game progressed, because we were all laughing ourselves silly every time the structure wobbled at the slightest touch. Hay, nakaka-stress ang game na ito, hahaha! Carms and I kept reacting the same way, hoping that the tower would finally topple over before it would reach our turns again. And Jay kept the camera ready in case the blocks would finally fall at each turn. Ayan, karma, when the tower got to its highest point, it fell over when he was placing the last block on the very top, hahaha! As of now, I think Carms wants to buy the game, and I want my own set too, hahaha.

Dropped by RCBC after saying goodbye to our happy group, and went straight to the theater lobby to return a number tag to Charo that Tin thought she had lost in her bag the night before (she later found it in her back pocket, ahehe). I also went to visit Nicco and Nar backstage to give them my little belated break-a-leg gifts. Hahaha, once my two prime purposes for stopping by were done, I just hung around the lobby until the show had to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment