Saturday, April 14, 2007

back in the workshop

"Failure gives you character. Too much success will make you a wimp."


I'll never forget that ever since Roeder had said it on the 2nd day of class.


With a little help from Gemma, I managed to make it to the first workshop day in CCP. This time, we decided to join Acting in Musical Theater, under Roeder and Nazer. I figured, since I managed to remove some of my inhibitions when I was in Beginning Acting (all thanks to Miss Tess and Ian), why not take it a step further? I have to admit, I was a little bit intimidated by Sir Nazer, specially when he was listening to us one by one. I didn't realize how tense I was, and before I knew it, I was going back to my old self. The one who kept holding back because I never trusted my own abilities.


It's only the first week and I just realized that Miss Tess' words from last year were true. You really have to learn and then unlearn to be a good actor/performer.


More tomorrow. I just wanted to blog a little right now just so I can make a little update on what I've been up to this past week.

9 comments:

  1. hahahaha! pareho tayong intimidated with sir naz..! enjoy your class kahit uhmm you know bitter ako..hahaha joke!! amishu ate hogz, ate gem and ate betty!!! haay I mis BA!!!

    Huwag ka na mag hold back, isipin mo lhat ng tinuro ni ms. Tess (and sige na nga, Ian) haha :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss ko talaga kayo! Iba pa rin ang class natin last year eh.

    Hahaha, teka, ano ba ang mga tinuro ni Ian aside from yung "imagine a ribbon...," ang cat, at ang forward and back rolls? HAHAHAHA! Pero totoo, it was thanks to him and Ms Tess na nawala ang inhibitions ko.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahaha!! puro movements ang tinuro ni Ian and two songs!! =p saka kung pano maging wild sa party! =))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Oo nga! Simula pa lang dun sa unang videoke night. Hay, nakaka-miss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. waahahaha oo nga no!!

    Wait naka chat ko sina---Julia, Carmela, Merv, Jenny. Anytime sila for dinner =D Except Jenny malamang :)) pero they're all sad and missing our class. =( Go plan na ang dinnerrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game! =) Ikaw na magplan, hahaha. Tamad na ko. =))

    ReplyDelete
  7. ikaw na go! ikaw nasa ccp! =)) mkikita mo mga tao! andun si ms. tess and ian..si ate gem and ate betty din!! =)) dali go fight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha! Ikaw na! Wala akong time magplan eh, rawr. Ako na lang magyaya sa mga tao sa CCP, gawa tayo ng plano.

    ReplyDelete