Wednesday, April 25, 2007

two workshop classes

Monday, because I didn't have class after work, I decided to spend part of the evening at another workshop. None other than Robbie's musical theater class at Rep, hahaha. Actually, I was supposed to sit in last week, but plans fell through when I found out that Mimay needed my help for her Theater 141 class.


Anyway, so there I was at Rep. Hahaha, apparently, it was also Harold's birthday. Oooh, a lotta familiar people in the class. Of course, there was Teena, Mia, Joy, Altair, Sam and a bunch of acquaintances. They were script reading that day, so I sat next to Sundee when they all sat down in a circle and started reading through Batboy. Mia had said that they were choosing between that play and The Wedding Singer, and the final verdict was that night. By the time I had greeted the birthday boy, had some cake, bid my goodbyes and was out the door, I had no idea what had happened until later in the evening when Joy had said that they had decided on doing The Wedding Singer. Oh well.


Their class was huge. Nyak, as if I wasn't part of a huge class back when I was still in Trumpets. There were over 30 of them, and I heard that their class had the most biological males, around 16. Holy kamote, that's just about the size of our class, plus one. And no offense, but they were kinda clique-ish. Everyone had their own group. As much as possible, I avoid cliques even though many can't help it, ahehehe.


This evening, for our own class, after some warm-ups and a 5-minute break, Sir Roeder started the scene breakdown of our play, complete with songs, who will sing which songs, and which characters are included in each scene. Well, our recital isn't exactly Blue Jeans, but actually just a sort of adaptation or spin-off from the original film.


Then came the tricky part. We don't have a script. We all have to improvise our lines. Holy kamote. We started with the first 3 scenes this evening, until the Pumapatak Ang Ulan with the "apat na bugoy," wahahaha.


I wonder how much progress there will be tomorrow.

2 comments: