Thursday, April 19, 2007

tired but still having fun

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now. But here I am, still typing away in front of the PC.


My schedule's crazy, hahaha. But I'm not really complaining. I actually like it. There's always something to look forward to. Yesterday I was so glad that I arrived at CCP a little earlier than I expected, and I was thankful for the small things such as that. Then there was the crazy Oracle exercise that I loved, hahaha! I just love those improv exercises. Plus Tin and Peachy dropped by, wheee!


This evening's class was mighty interesting. I was late for class, and at first I was a little lost when they were doing this activity when I had arrived. I was kind of annoyed during the ride from Makati to CCP because of the darn traffic, but of course, my emotions changed when I arrived at the venue. Never mind that my right contact lens was giving me a problem, hahaha! And for those who read my previous entries, remember when I had mentioned that we were doing vocal exercises while doing slow time and all that? We went further this evening. Sir Roeder gave us these dance steps that we had to do while we were vocalizing. Que fun! Well, OK, I still have a problem with my singing, but when we were given those steps, you stop being conscious and everything suddenly comes out.


Hahaha, those moments with Sir Roeder and Sir Nazer during the break were funny. I had asked about a common friend, Chester, and it suddenly shifted to a brief comparison of 2 particular groups. So because of my little sharing moment, by the time we were done with the vocalizing and dancing, Sir Roeder had made a quip that was so true!


Before class ended, Sir Roeder talked about our upcoming recital next month. The day before, while we were rehearsing our respective group dances, he and Sir Nazer interrupted us and asked us to simply stand, sometimes pairing or grouping us, just looking. As it turned out, they were already casting us. Holy kamote. Typecasting? Joke, hahaha. So there, we talked about the show, which is going to be based on this 80s movie called Blue Jeans, with songs by the APO Hiking Society. I'm not really sure, something like that. It sounds mighty interesting. I haven't seen the film, so maybe I'll check it out. Then again, would watching it help us with the play or would not watching it be better? Anyway, Sir Roeder told us the synopsis as he gave us our respective characters. It was so funny! I think I got stereotyped, HAHAHAHA! Just kidding.


Mimay had dropped by our class while we were vocalizing and dancing, hahaha. When class had ended, the two of us had a quick dinner with Betty at Tapa King. Oooh, a mini-reunion of Mrs. Webb and the 2 Emilys, hahaha!


Anyway, I have to get some shut-eye. G'night world.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hogi! How are you, girl? :) Hope you've grabbed a copy of our album "Wholehearted," by our band WINK*. Would love to hear what you think! I'm so proud of you, that you're still so active in theater and growing so much in your chosen field! Can't wait to see you! hope you can add up my band as a contact: http://wholeheartedwink.multiply.com/. :) We post our schedules, and so many other updates there!!! hugs and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, exciting ba? I'm wondering nga kung gagawing 80s pa rin lahat eh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adjeng! Haven't been able to buy a copy of your album yet, darn. But I already added WINK* as a contact. =) Hope I get to watch one of your gigs someday. The last time I heard you perform was 4 years ago during our concert series with Nyoy, hahaha.

    Oh my, I wonder when we could work together again, either in the music scene or in theater.

    Anyway, thanks for dropping by! Take care now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, sobrang excited na ko sa showcase kahit member ako ng ampalaya party!!! =))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, tama na kasi ang pagiging ampalaya. Labyu Tin. =)

    ReplyDelete