Friday, April 6, 2007

randomness during Good Friday

Started off the day by joining my mom for our parish's Stations of the Cross. This is actually the first time I've ever joined one outside the comfort of our church. It was held earlier this year, at 6am, so we can beat the heat of the morning sun.


Hahaha, sometimes at some stops, Father Gerry would make a passing quip, like, "Generous ang may-ari ng bahay ng station na ito... May naka-provide pang mga biskwit. Pwede kayong kumuha, pero ibulsa niya na lang... yan na ang lunch niyo, hahaha." Twice he said that that will be our lunch, as the house owned by the 14th station provided light snack food as well as water.


So amusing, while I was flipping channels this morning, I saw a familiar face in Playhouse Disney. Hahaha, I didn't know that Avenue Q's John Tartaglia had his own little show there. Johnny and The Sprites, it was called. Still with puppets, hahaha!


Then when I was channel surfing once again this evening, I flipped to Disney Channel when I was it was time for the Disney Channel movie. Sometimes I like checking it out if it was worth watching. When the opening began and saw animated seagulls, I started to complain that it was going to be some old cartoon. Then to my surprise, I heard the music of the opening song. It was The Little Mermaid! Hahaha! I instantly sent a message to Rosa saying so, and was about to send it to Iam as well but then I suddenly received a message from her. Hahaha, great minds think alike. We were so obsessed with the cartoon back when we were in 5th grade, our first year of being friends. Aw, senti mode.


Before Little Mermaid, I also caught The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on this one movie channel. I liked what Bailey had said in the recording she had left in Tibby's video camera.


Maybe the truth is there's a little bit of loser in all of us you know, being happy isn't having everything in your life being perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things like wearing these pants, or getting to a new level of Dragon's Lair. Making those count more than the bad stuff. Maybe we just get through it. And that's all we can ask for.


Ah yes, the little things. I've lost a lot, but I always live for those little things in life. A simple random personal message in my phone. A phone call just to say hello. A dark chocolate bar. Finding new uploaded photos by friends. Seeing another jelly doughnut in the refrigerator waiting for me. Terie snuggling next to me on my bed or just while sitting on the floor watching television. Late night chats online. Stuff like that.


I was reading my old blog entries again earlier. I came across a post back in May 3, 2003...


"...but it's necessary that Hedwig meets Tommy. Just because he's her other half doesn't mean that they're going to be together forever, nor should they be, but they need to meet. And it was necessary that she knew everyone in her life, to get to where she does: she's the sum of everyone she meets, rather than the idea that they took a piece [of her]."


I was quoting a post by Krystal, about Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Never got to see that play by Atlantis, though. Anyway, I like what Krys had said. "But they need to meet." I like that. I can't say anything more about it because the quote sort of summed up what I'm thinking. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to talk about it. Nah, not lazy. Maybe I just don't want to talk about it just yet.

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for cable no? Pano na ang boredom pag wala?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, hahaha. Kung walang cable, eh di laspag na ang dibidi player. =)

    ReplyDelete