Sunday, April 1, 2007

another "road trip"

Hahaha, I practically took another road trip all over Metro Manila yesterday. This time, without the convenience of a car. What a way to spend a Saturday, hahaha. I only had one thing I had planned to do, then everything else was played by ear.

First stop was Taft. A little walking around, and I thought that Peach was meeting up with me, but she ended up getting a ride home from where she was at, so I was still alone. Then I hopped on an FX cab to Fairview. Holy kamote, that was crazy. Even though I've already been there a couple of times, I never realized how far that place was. Plus I had a ride back then. My left knee, which would hurt if I sit too long, started driving me crazy when I was already halfway there. And one annoying thing about SM Fairview is that I couldn't find any trash cans on the floor I was walking around in! The only ones I found were a couple by the front entrance. Jeez.

By the time I was about to leave Fairview, I got a text from Nicco, asking if I had any plans later that day. Heck, I had none, so we decided to meet up in Glorietta that evening. Hop on another FX to the MRT, then decided to take a bus instead so I can have the pleasure of sitting down all the way to Makati.

When I had arrived in Ayala, I had about an hour to kill before Nicco would arrive, so I spent the time in Powerbooks Live with another book that I was almost done reading. Then decided to kill the rest of time in Glorietta.

I was walking around the area of Glorietta for when I heard someone call my name. It was Ianne, one of my classmates from CSB who was in Rain's block. OK, Ianne and I weren't really all that close way back then. We only got to spend some time together just because of our film class, when I ended up joining their group because my own couldn't quite keep their heads together (no offense, but they got kinda screwed up during our first film project). So there, we just got together, and even spent a couple of nights at her house, complete with extra clothes to change in. That was my only memory of her. In our other classes, we were just two different classmates.

Anyway, back to the topic. So after bumping into Ianne, we ended up strolling around the mall, talking the time away, beginning with checking out this little exhibit in one corner of Glorietta 4 which was probably by MMA students of CSB. Our conversation started with the SDA programs, the courses we took up, how there were these new courses in the department, and finally her joy of finally getting a brand new camera that very day. She kept going on and on about how she traded her old camera for that and getting a pretty sweet bargain for something brand new. Then of course, was the perfunctory, "So ikaw, kamusta na?" That's when we both began our stories about life in general, what we've been doing, and yes, we can't ignore the subject of love and dating. We found ourselves alternately monologuing about our last dating experiences, hahahaha!

I have to say, getting to talk to Ianne was quite refreshing. I knew we were so different from each other, but it was a blast just finding someone to talk to when you're alone. Heck, before we ran bumped into each other, she was looking for someone she can share her joy with concerning her new camera, hahaha! As for me, I was just impatiently waiting for my friend to arrive.

When Nicco had finally said that he was already there (an hour after the time he had said), Ianne and I bid our goodbyes. Found Nicco in Timezone as usual. As it turned out, he just wanted to hang out while waiting for Carms as she went to watch Gay Birds with her friends. Hahaha, to quote Mercedes in the play, "Panakip butas na lang ako..." Kidding, bro! So anyway, Lye was also coming, so we spent the time playing in Timezone while we waited for her. Hahaha, we were quite a picture as he settled with his favorite tennis game and I decided to play the touch-screen game adjacent to it. We were playing our respective games as we talked loudly about the new Cinemalaya film entries, the cast of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah, and the men in my life (HAHAHAHAHA!).

Waited for Lye near the entrance of Food Choices, then we sat at a table so we can eat. I was starving, but we ended up sitting a bit longer before we began to eat because of all the stories Nicco had to tell. What's new, hehe. Like Anna had said before, Nicco will always do the talking, hahaha! But it was a blast. He opened the conversation by saying that he had watched his copy of Garahe again, and we all started talking about all the crazy things that had happened during that shoot, from the acting to reshooting everything.

My oh my. I remember those days. I was practically a bum back then, so I invited myself to hang out at their shoot. Check out this blog entry (with photos, hehe) if you want to see what we had been up to then.

After Nicco, Lye and I had gotten something to eat, our conversation drifted to other topics, with the usual beginning of talking about our chosen course and career paths to Nicco's upcoming films, to showbiz gossip, to anything under the sun. And when I said anything, it also included Lye new concoction that was originally her buko juice from Buko Ni Frutas, hahahaha!

Back to Timezone when we were done, and we let Lye try a round of Bishi Bashi before we ended up trying to join the Trivia Game thing at the entrance of Timezone, hehe. After a while, we all bid our farewell, as Lye's dad was waiting for her already, and I had to go home as well. Left Nicco killing time while waiting for Carms after hanging out with her friends.

What a day that was. And it's back to bumming today. Man, it's hot.

14 comments:

  1. Haha, I thought you went to HRC. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. no wonder you had to pass on the sound of trumpets show. hahaha. take your rest, hogi. you need it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, oo nga! Sayang di na kita naabutan. Pero basta, may mga magre-reserve na ng tickets sa iyo, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. Nah, I never really decided on watching. I was there talaga to meet with friends, and I just happened to pass by the venue and saw who will be playing. I haven't set foot on Hard Rock Cafe in ages, and I don't think I want to break my record just yet. =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, hahaha. Let me know how it was if you went. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, yeah, haggard talaga. Saving grace ang evening. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo nga eh, thanks sa pag-refer ha! kamusta naman pala ang dinayo mo sa fairview? walang review?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kamusta ang DAISY WEI? Hahahaha! Pasensya di ako nakakapag reply. Wrong timing ka kasi mag send ng message, parating tulog ako. After Holy week, labas ulit tayo. Wala bang interesting na panoorin o gawin?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, lecheng "Daisy Wei" na yan. Nabobo ako kay Kuya, pero siya lang kasi ang saving grace ng film dahil siya ang comic relief. Hahahaha!
    Sige, labas ulit tayo after Holy Week. Hmmm... wala pa akong alam na maganda panoorin eh. We'll see, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, sa susunod na lang ang review. Hmmm... parang ayoko nga gawan ng review eh. Di naman talaga siya all that, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha! Nakakatawa yung part na yun no? Hay naku, tama ka, di sya "all that". Read my REVIEW FOR HULING ARAW.

    Oh well, basta nakakatawa yung Daisy Wei. Hahahahaha! Nakakatawa si Koya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah. Ang kulit, bagay pa yung name ng character niya sa pagkakengkoy niya. "Daisy Wei," hehehe. =P

    ReplyDelete