Saturday, June 12, 2010

Days keep getting different.

Yesterday was our last day of CCT (communication and culture training) in Insular. Onward to PST (program specific training) in Glorietta 5 on Monday. Haha, I almost wanted to wring Kodi's neck when she gave out our individual letters to see who passed the training. That very first line almost made us stop reading. As it turned out, we all passed the CCT, hahaha. Thanks, Kodi!

Met up with Gino again for lunch after our last CCT day. More talk and updates here and there, then he headed back to work. I, on the other hand, walked to Greenbelt because I had to go to Globe regarding my postpaid plan. Then I dropped by Atlantis to say hello to Lawyn and Ate Sally (Claire and Kuya Boni were out on an errand the whole time). We caught an episode of CSI then I went with Lawyn to Legally Blonde rehearsals because she needed to take some rehearsal photos.

The cast were on their feet, doing the river dance choreo near the end of Act 2. It was so funny watching Calvin struggle with the dance with those big feet of his, plus there was Jett and Nyoy watching him from the side. I sat with them for a while as they kept talking about how Calvin moved, while Lawyn snapped photos of the cast. Marj (as one of the ASMs) was standing behind the cast, also copying the choreo. Hahaha, I told her that if I were to audition for TP Actors Company this year, I could use the river dance as my movement piece, hahaha. Too bad I'm not trying out this year (saaad, I know).

Anyway, when Jett stood in attempt to join the dance, I sat next to Nyoy and checked out some of this new card tricks. Dude, you've got to get a license for what you're doing so you can teach me, instead of buying those that I keep seeing in the mall. I haven't hung out with this guy in ages, and it was great to just sit and laugh and talk with him again. Funny quips galore and some interesting insights, then we went back to just sitting back and watching the rest of the cast sweat it out until Lawyn and I had to go.

As my title had said, the days that keep coming have been pretty different from what I'm used to. I've been welcoming every change, and I have been grateful for every little thing that comes my way. I guess now that I've acknowledged all the weird, crazy stuff, it feels great to move on to the great things that's still in store for me. I love how my optimism is coming back.

4 comments:

  1. You visited Legally Blonde rehearsals? And why are you joining the call center force? Haha, and Kodi used to be my co-trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! I was always with Lawyn when I visit rehearsals. The first time was when you first tried on your costumes and I helped her and Claire with the clothes, the second time was pretty brief (when she just gave out your rehearsal fee), and the last time was when this past week, when you were choreographing the river dance. I was mostly with Nyoy or Marj in the corner.

    Haha, and I decided to take the call center route because I sort of need the money right now. Well, it's just part-time, so I'll still be open to small theater projects, such as ushering for Legally Blonde later this month. So you (used to) work for Convergys too? Haha, Kodi even hinted for tickets the last time I mentioned the show (though she hasn't seen the movie yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I thought maybe I saw you but I wasn't sure!

    Yeah, I was a trainer for a good year and a half or so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I guess that was me, hahaha. I was too shy to say hi to most of the cast. =)

    Wow, I wonder if I'll survive the call center world, even if this is part-time. Kodi told me that I'll do pretty good and she's also hoping that I'll pursue part-time. We'll see. =)

    ReplyDelete