Tuesday, June 29, 2010

So... what's up? Just updating.

My goodness, because of the busy days I've been having, I haven't had the time to just sit down in front of my laptop and blog the days away. Yes, I've neglected my lonely blog these past several days, and only found the ample time just now. So I'll be posting multiple blogs throughout the day to make up for it, hahaha.

So what have I been up to lately since the last entry? Mostly busy juggling 2 part-time jobs, one that begins way too early in the morning, and another that ends way too late at night. Hahaha, so I've been fitting in most of the sleeping part of my days during the middle of the day.

After years of removing that weird accent of mine, I've reverted back to it since arriving at CVG, hahaha. I'm not a chatty person, but spending 4 hours in the morning trying to talk to people isn't so bad, especially when I got used to 3 years of dealing with people over 2 telephones (sometimes both at the same time) back when I was in Atlantis. And surprise surprise, Anna (who was the one who forwarded my resume to the company) and I turned out to be on the same team.

So Legally Blonde the Musical opened at the Meralco Theater last week. Considering that this theater was way bigger than the auditorium in RCBC, it required more than Atlantis' usual number of ushers, so I was given the task of front-of-house coordinator along with Janna. While she's out there selling programs in the lobby, I'm busy coordinating with the Blue Rep ushers, and keeping an eye on the house for pasaway theater-goers.

I haven't seen the show in full yet, but I do get to peer in every once in a while. During opening week, I first watched the entire 2nd act, then the entire 1st act on the following day, hahaha. Maybe I'll do it in reverse this upcoming weekend. So far, the run's been pretty good, though there are some technical problems (mostly with the lapel mics) that get in the way. The audiences were quite receptive, especially to certain scenes where some of the characters get to have a few (well, okay, a lot) of crazy moments that you can't help but miss them when they're not onstage.

I love the perks of being in the front-of-house and not just being tied down to the front desk. Hahaha. I get to roam around and mingle with people and friends, plus there's free ice cream at every show! Hahaha! Nestle's Heaven ice cream (in all 4 flavors) is always a few paces away from where I usually sit in the lobby. Yum!

Last Sunday, because we only had on show at 3:30 in the afternoon, I was supposed to go to CCP afterwards to check out the Revisted plays of last year's Virgin Labfest. But as it turned out, all tickets of the 8pm show were already sold out. Darn it. So anyway, I ended up having dinner at Pino's with Joms, Kakki, Gigo and some of the Legally Blonde cast. I haven't eaten there considering how far it was, but the food's pretty good and they served this huge margarita that can be shared with several people. I only took a few sips because I had work early the following morning. But my goodness, Gigo still wanted to drink some more so he, Glenn, Alys, Joms and I ended up somewhere in Boni High Street after dinner. I was practically falling asleep during Gigo's monologue, but I managed to stay awake. When we were ready to go home, holy kamote, Joms' car wouldn't start! Alys tried to check it out, and Joms even tried to push the car backwards and forwards, and a couple of times with a little help from a guy who happened to be there as well. When we were about to give up, Alys tried to start the car again and miracle of miracles, it's alive again! Hahaha!

So I ended up going to work yesterday morning running on 2 hours of sleep and 2 cups of coffee, hahaha. Ayan tuloy, I messed up a little despite my effort to correct. Arrrggg... Dapat bumawi next time. And to think that I'm more at ease with this project that the last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment