Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pre-employment week, hahaha.

This week has been kind of crazy. Well, not really. Maybe it's just because of the busy early mornings that I've had.

At the beginning of the week, we began our PST in our Glorietta 5 site, and at first, we honestly had no idea how long the training would take, because during our orientation, we were told about a 15-day training. To our surprise, our trainer told us that we only had 3 days of training before our final exams. Holy kamote.

So anyway, because we had to cram everything in just 3 days, we were racking our brains every time we did drills. Then came the final exams on Thursday. We were told that whoever tops the written exams gets to choose what team he or she wants to be in. Prof Gil was the one who topped the exam, and Kye had the same score. If they really tied, I'd be the 2nd highest, ahahaha. Babaw lang. Anyway, during the mock calls, it kind of drove us crazy because before my turn came, Kye was crying when she returned to the pantry (where we were all waiting). As it turned out, she had no idea what to answer during an irate call, so she burst into tears. Aw. Good thing some were given second chances to take the call. I, on the other hand, was hiding my head behind the monitor the whole time so the panel, which included our trainer Christian, wouldn't see my face and all my crazy expressions/reactions. Relief relief, we passed the mock calls, but sadly, except for Mommy Neks and Mommy Fe. So our wave, which originally consisted of 16 people, is now down to 11 people.

We were told to report yesterday morning to be briefed about the floor. Nadine was the one who briefed us in the training room, then we were introduced to most of the TLs. After more briefing, we had to go to the 7th floor for live calls. Oh my, it was that fast? When I was at my seat, I was lucky enough to talk to a nice elderly woman when my TL sat next to me to listen to the call. Hahaha, one of his notes (parang acting lang, ahehe) was that I sounded as if I was used to calling people already. Uhm, kasi ba naman, 2 and a half years kong kaharap ang phones ng Atlantis. Di ka pa ba masasanay dun? Hahaha. And to think that I also got to talk to people with different accents back then as well.

By the way, thanks to Anna for forwarding my resume when I found her Facebook status about the part-time offers. =)

Anyway, after that morning, I headed to Glorietta 4 to catch a movie. Kye went with me to help decide before she had to go her own way. I ended up watching Letters To Juliet by my lonesome. It's a nice feel-good romantic comedy. It makes you feel optimistic about that whole love thing, no matter how old you get.

Virgin Labfest 6 and Legally Blonde the Musical will be opening next week. I have to watch some of the Labfest plays during its first week because it's harder to watch on its 2nd week. Plus I have ushering duties for Legally Blonde. My oh my, it's going to be an even busier week.

2 comments: