Sunday, January 7, 2007

plug... and hello

First of all, here's a plug that I found in my email.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE!
January 3, 2007


ZSAZSA ZATURNNAH RETURNS:
DUE TO INSISTENT PUBLIC DEMAND!


Tanghalang Pilipino brings back its rousingly funny hit musical based on Carlo Vergara's graphic novel - ZSAZSA ZATURNNAH (ZE MUZIKAL)! The beloved parlorista superhero(ine) , is back in fighting form to defend a small town from a giant frog, rampaging zombies and power-tripping planet women. This fabulous production will run for two weekends from January 19-28, 2007 at the Tanghalang Huseng Batute.

Eula Valdes reprises her role as the stunning red-haired warrior opposite her nemesis Queen Femina Suarestellar Baroux, alternately played by Agot Isidro and Kalila Aguilos. Wilma Doesnt, Deeda Barretto, Mayen EstaƱero and Tess Jamias / Skyzx Labastilla are the man-hating Amazonistas. The limp-wristed beauty salon owner and his frilly-mouthed assistant are played by Tuxqs Rutaquio and Joey Paras respectively. The man with the perfect "noodles" is played by Arnold Reyes with newcomer Janvier Daily as alternate. Joining the remarkable cast is the talented Tanghalang Pilipino Actors Company.

2003 Aliw Best Stage Director Chris Millado directs, with Shoko Matsumoto as lighting designer and Sonny Aniceto as stage designer. Playwright is Chris Martinez with Vince De Jesus as composer, lyricist and musical director.

For tickets, reservations and inquiries, call 832-3661 or 832-1125 locals 1620/1621.


O ye! I have never seen this play ever since it first ran due to conflicts in my schedule, so I guess I'm kinda excited to finally watch it. Betty and I had immediately grabbed tickets to opening night.

So what else have I been up to since the new year began? Nothing much really. Back to the office on the 2nd, and is now preparing a bunch of stuff for upcoming shows.

Got together with Mimay, Nikki and Tin yesterday evening. Apparently this will be Mimay's last visit... well, until she returns in April. So we just had to see each other. Dinner and coffee and lots of talking, just the way I like it. Plus they claimed that I got thinner?!? I like, hahaha. And to think that I've done nothing to contribute to getting thin. If anything, I've been stuffing my face since Christmas. Anyway, it was a blast having coffee with them again, punctuated by Mimay's camwhoring. I guess I held back a whole lot about my own story that night... but I think Nikki got it pretty well, ahehehe. Next time na lang siguro.

While we were at Starbucks, I saw a girl enter the shop, but I could only see her back. She was standing behind Mimay's couch, and I had said that the girl looked a whole lot like Irene, but I could be wrong. When Mimay turned to look, it really was Irene, hahaha!

Irene! It's almost a year and I haven't even seen a frame of MMB!

Anyway.

I'm currently hooked to Nintendo DS' Elite Beat Agents. When my brother had introduced the game on New Year's Eve, I got addicted and managed to unlock a whole lot during the first morning of 2007, hahaha!

Since my 2006 ended in a lousy way, the beginning of 2007 was a complete opposite. A couple of ghosts from the past appeared again. One through the wonders of the world wide web (despite the hassle of internet connections due to the Taiwan earthquake), and the other through the wonders of text messaging. Is Someone playing a trick on me?

Oh well. Go with the flow. Stop thinking too much.

6 comments:

  1. Hahaha, stop thinking... parang si Scarecrow ng Wizard of Oz... Fiyero "dancing through life"... Kung marunong lang talaga ako sumayaw, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Game, let's dance! Hahaha, pero yun nga, di ako marunong sumayaw. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. were those THE YUMMY GHOSTS? lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahahaha, yummy ba sila? I have no idea. =P Tama ba namang guluhin ang mundo ko kung kelan kailangan ko pag-isipan ang mga ganitong bagay. O_o

    ReplyDelete