Saturday, January 20, 2007

Zaturnnah

I slept late last night (or rather, early this morning) and now I'm wide awake. Rawr. My mom had barged into my room looking for some clothes and shoes and woke me up and now I couldn't go back to sleep so I joined them for breakfast, which hardly ever happens.

So anyway, Betty and I met up in Makati yesterday evening and went to CCP to watch ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Ze Musikal at the Tanghalang Huseng Batute. We arrived a few minutes before the house opened, so we ended up near the end of the line and somewhere near the end of the bleachers. But heck, at least when I realized where we were sitting, I knew we'll have a good view of Dodong, hahahaha!

Just like when I read the comic book, the play had made me laugh from beginning to end. At least this time, I wasn't alone, hahaha. No wonder Tuxqs was suited for the role of Ada, he really fleshed the role out perfectly. I guess I found myself another idol, hahaha. And Joey Paras was just the craziest sidekick I've seen, and I love his voice! Too bad his microphone always went crazy. Arg, crazy mics are one of my biggest annoyances in theatre. But his voice, "kulots" and all, really grabbed everyone's attention. Eula as ZsaZsa (which I seem to keep saying out loud ever since I heard Tuxqs and Joey say it in a nasal voice) was dazzling. I can't help it, even though I went along with the crowd, I just had to laugh when everyone applauded after Ada had first transformed into ZsaZsa. And yes, I don't want to leave this out, I just had to mention the ensemble, especially the guys! Ang gaganda nila Nar and Lao, HAHAHAHA!

Of course, before I got to watch the show, I kept wondering about that darn rock that Ada swallows, and the giant frog. So there. Hahaha, now I know. Darn that crazy frog. And those mumu zombies, I love those! I was already on the edge of my seat laughing when they were stripping off Dodong's shirt! But hey, I was truly touched by the duet between Ada and ZsaZsa.

Then there were the Amazonistas. Oh ye! Everyone just loved Miss Tess, Mayen, Deeda, and of course Wilma Doesnt. Specially with that darn production number, hahahahahaha! I just loved Nora A, Sharon C, Vilma S (holy kamote, I forgot how high Deeda's voice was), and Dina B (que hilarious with the sounds of glass breaking). Then I found myself laughing on the edge my seat again during that crazy fight scene with the extra legs, hahaha.

Who could ever forget the song "Ikaw Ang Superhero Ng Buhay Ko"? Hahaha, I first heard it from Mimay throughout the entire year last year and had no idea what it was. I was actually surprised when I realized that I loved the song when I first heard it, knowing that I mostly listen to English songs than Filipino. And now that I heard it live last night, it's still playing in my head. And oh yes, I do have the original cast recording, in case you're asking, hahaha!

After the show was the traditional meet and greet by the cast, and when the crowd had finally thinned out, I finally got Carlo Vergara to sign my book. Or rather, his book, as I had sheepishly and shyly told him, hahahaha.

Oh yeah, people really can't believe that I saw the play for the first time last night. When I ran into a few people, they kept asking me, "Pang-ilang beses mo na ito pinanonood?" Uhm, the first? Hehehe. Even Sir Carlo had asked me that question after he had handed me back my comic book.

Now I'm finally getting sleepy again. Maybe I'll take a little nap before I get going. Meeting Peachy for lunch at noon. Ciao.

4 comments:

  1. YAHOO! hahahaha. i told you, your first time won't be your last! :)
    (that didn't sound right! hahahaha.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Kaiba nga pakinggan!
    Hope the week flies by quick para Sunday na ulit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i watched zsa zsa last sunday. ansaya noh? it was my first time to see it! ambenta ni deedee! tas kinikilig ako kay dodong at ada! waaaaaaaaaaah! 0=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, favorite ko si Didi! Ako rin, kinikilig ako kay Dodong and Ada. Syet, love ko na si Arnold, hehehe. Manonood ako ulit this sunday, wheeee! =)
    Di naman ako adik, wahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete