Monday, January 1, 2007

2006 in review

My annual review of the year that had passed. Let's look back, shall we?

January

The new year was kicked off with rekindling a friendship with a very close friend, and learned how jealous I can be. I had also learned how much I can brood when it came to the people that mattered most to me. Then there was the "frenemy" was introduced, ahahaha. Teena, I'll never forget that term. And finally, as the month began to end, I got casted in this thesis film production that I didn't know would actually be all that great.

February

At one point during the beginning of the month, I had started to think about an outlet, but I wasn't sure what will become of it, so I shrugged it off for a while. Then one weekend was quite an experience for me. Shooting Maria Milagros Barbarosa, hahaha. It was crazy, it was tiring, it was such a blast no matter how much sleep I had lost in that one weekend alone. Plus there was also Looney Alley and Kapihan sa Loob ng Isang Dula that I had looked forward to, and the premiere of a simple brainchild that had evolved into a bunch of friends' thesis film production. Yes, Kopihaus # 8, hahaha. Not quite what I had expected, but oh well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


March

Another weekend of Maria Milagros Barbarosa came, and we kept shooting until we had finally finished. At last, it was over. And it was even named best thesis, woohoo! Then I realized that I would be working backstage for Doubt, which was sort of my comeback to the backstage world of theater, hahaha.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


April

I had found out the differences between a real friend and a "friend-in-law" (as Elaine in Seinfeld had put it). The outcome was actually pretty funny. This is one of the best months of this year because of another comeback--workshops and performing. I love it with such fervor, and so did my friends in that crowd. And I love them too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


May

Doubt rehearsals had started, adding more busy-ness in my already crazy life. But because I had also wanted it, I didn't complain. My schedule almost every day was Doubt rehearsals in the morning, back to the office in the afternoon, then fly to CCP to make it in time for workshop and Our Town rehearsals. It was inhuman, because I barely had time to breathe, barely had time for myself. But I enjoyed every minute of it. Right down to our performance at the Tanghalang Huseng Batute, our cast get together(s), and then some. One regret though, was the lack of time to prepare for one audition, so I didn't even get to go. Oh well. There's always a next time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


June

Doubt ran during the weekends of this month at the Carlos P. Romulo auditorium of RCBC. Suddenly I missed being at the front-of-house with Ate Sally, unlike the year before. I wasn't used to being ngarag but I learned to welcome it. Plus I still managed to make time to see my friends despite my crazy days.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


July

Kicked off the month with a surprise visit to the Doubt production in Cebu, hahaha. Then there was the Virgin Labfest 2 and Cinemalaya. Met old friends and new, and well, something else suddenly came out by the end of the month, ahehe. Learned the different kinds of "happiness," and how to be a little more honest.

August

I've learned to lose the "ilang" factor with a friend or two this month. Batman and Robin. Mama and Hogi Bear. Then I was grateful for small get-togethers over dinner and coffee before another friend had to leave for the US.

September

Began pondering about single-dom and couple-dom this month. Hahaha. How pathetic. But it was a nice change. When I made an appearance during the first day of the month, people began asking questions, and I just laughed them off.

October

Milenyo, that darn typhoon. The reunion ng "mga babae ni Nicco", ahehehe, which led to some minor disagreement, causing ranting, brooding, several pages of text messaging, and apologies. What I'll never forget about this month was the time that someone had told me he loved me, ahehehe. The Necklace. Then there was the Zambales trip with my mom at the end of the month. It was my first time to go there, and I learned a lot about where my mom grew up, what it was like, how she was like, and even got to meet her close friends.

November

Of course, there was Nicco's birthday. After 2 months of planning a surprise party with Carms, Tita Annalyn and Miko, it was party time. Plus the Catholic Mass Media Awards with Irene and Sheena. Even though MMB lost to another entry, it still felt great just to be part of it. Then Bakeretta, that one play that really touched my heart and every bone in my body, and Walk Back in Time, where, to my surprise, I found an old friend that I'd never find in this business, hahaha!

December

Tin's debut! Hahaha, plus my brief hosting stint with Peachy. This was the month that I spent a lot of time with the clones. I always feel as if everything was a blur when I'm with them because they talk really fast. I then realized that I was learning little by little, but then losing a bit more of something as well. Oh well, can't have them all. Quiet celebration of my birthday this year, but to my delight, I was greeted with fireworks in Greenbelt 3, hahaha! Then things were downhill after that. I pushed away more than once over the past few months, and then finally literally once this month, and now it's time to think things through.

Hope this upcoming year, things will be OK. I'm not really hoping for the better, just O-K. I guess I've stopped being too optimistic, but I don't to be pessimistic.

To everyone who had been with throughout the journey of 2006, it's been swell. To new friends as well as old, you've been the best. This has been another eventful year, and despite all the ups and downs, I'm truly blessed to have you guys there with me. To quote from Merrily We Roll Along, "Here's to us, who's like us... Damn few!"

Happy New Year, y'all!

5 comments:

  1. "frenemy" -- hahahaha! i still use that. haaaaayyyyy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. April-May
    aaw, this is cute! hahaay I miss summer. I miss how we txt each other before class!!! "San ka? Agahan mo ha!" and of course ang pag decide san ang dinner. I miss everything, I miss how it all was...*luha*


    December
    mabilis pala kmi magsalita? hahahaha!

    ate hogzzz, haay. you know that i realllllyyy labyuuuu kaya wag ka na malulungkot ha!! kasi pag malungkot ka edi pareho na taung malungkot! sinong magpapasaya sa atin!!! hahahaha saka tandem kau ni batman, diba?! (aaw, i mis ate betty...and mimay haay.) susutronics :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. April-May
    Hahaha, ang saya talaga nun, sobrang nakaka-miss. The moment na paglabas ko lagi ng office, may magte-text sakin, usually you, Nicco or Mimay, in that order, hahaha. Tapos talagang dapat mag-dinner after every class. Maski puyat na ko at pagod, sige pa rin! Para lang makasama ko kayo, hehehe. =)

    December
    Yes! Mabilis kayo magsalita! Hahaha! It was hard to keep up!

    Labyu too, Tin. Salamat talaga sa lahat. Haliksusu. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, panalo diba? I like that pic better than the one where we were already posing for the camera because of our candid expressions. Parang ang saya saya natin, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete