Tuesday, January 23, 2007

ramble on

First there was Rent. And now, Dreamgirls. For some reason, most or some people don't really appreciate musical theater in its true original (I can't think of any other terms, hahaha) form.

It seems that there's always a craze whenever a new movie musical comes out. Rent was already a hit years ago, but people only came to appreciate it when the movie came out last year. Now I feel as if it has become a little too overrated.

Now there's Dreamgirls with Beyonce Knowles, Jennifer Hudson and Jamie Foxx. Oh well. I still prefer my original cast recording of the songs. And of course, the Manila production, ahehehe. OK, so I may be a little biased with that last one, hahaha!

We started getting calls at the office about the Avenue Q auditions. Some questions were bearable, but others were downright crazy, hahaha.

==============================


Silence. I hate it. It keeps me thinking about all these things that I shouldn't worry about. It's annoying.

You know what's even more annoying that just plain silence? Dedma.

Now I look forward to weekends alone because... well, I don't know really know. What do I want to get away from?

My mind's a mess.

I'm sick and tired of people asking how I am and then segue to how we are. I have nothing to answer to that. I keep getting that question at least once a week and I have nothing to say. Like tonight.

"Kamusta na.....?"
"Ewan ko. Gusto ko rin malaman eh. Pero di kami nagkakausap eh. Tanungin mo sya para malaman natin ha?"

Igh.

==============================


To end this trivial blog post on a happy note, it's Carmella's birthday in about half an hour!

ADVANCED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARMS!

13 comments:

  1. would you know when dreamgirls is showing? hehehe...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree. though naging RENThead lang din kasi ako when the movie came out. i've been hearing about it before pero di pa ko mahilig gaano nun sa theatre. pero love na love ko talaga si Wilson Jermaine Heredia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact remains that Mass Media is simply more accessible than the old school art forms (such as literature and theater). Now don't get me wrong; I'm a big theater buff, and I try to watch as many plays as I can. But the fact is, I will simply miss out on a couple of plays because I can't afford the ticket during the run, or the venue is too far, or stuff like that. On the other hand, if I wanted to watch a certain movie, I will find it everywhere, legally or illegally.

    Now we can bitch about how some people never appreciate the purity of theater, why some good plays never get noticed, why trash like Engteng Kabisote gets more revenue than more artistic fare, yada yada yada, but it won't do any good. Let's just keep fighting for the arts, and hope for the best.

    BTW, I'm a Renthead too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I don't know yet. I bought a bootleg DVD so as not to disappoint myself before it comes out in movie theaters. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, you're one of them! Hahaha, joke!
    In fairness, Wilson Jermaine Heredia won a Tony award for his role as Angel. =) Love ko rin sya.
    Lagot, nahawa na yata ako sa taste mo, HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And let me follow that up with...

    "Which version, the play or the film?" Hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And let me follow that up with...

    "Which version, the play or the film?" Hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Point taken. True, movie tickets are more affordable than theatre tickets, but there are some plays that are now quite affordable for most people.

    Yes, let's keep fighting for the arts. I know you are all for it as well, fellow Renthead. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no! hahahahahaha!

    Uy, pero alam ko na yung Rent ha bago pa nung movie. Di lang ako nabigyan ng pagkakataon nung ipalabas yung musicale. (yung sila Ricci, Arnold, etc) Pero super nahook ako bec of the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, nakakatawa nga eh. I didn't realize na kasali pala si Arnold sa Manila cast. Imagine, I've been working with Atlantis since 2005 na may nakapaskil na production photo sa desk ko in the office... and didn't realize that the guy with the bleached hair was Arnold. Holy kamote, sa last quarter of last year ko lang napansin na sya yun, HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha. bleached hair talaga. anywho, sino ba character nya sa RENT?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm... I'm not sure. I think ensemble member lang sya eh.

    ReplyDelete