Tuesday, November 28, 2006

auditions again

Auditions for The King & I again today. Hahaha, it's been a while since I last attended an audition. Though the last time, it was mostly for dancers. This time, it was a closed audition for select people.


Huwaw, first audition, and I found myself in awe. Mr. Ago, you were amazing. I now consider myself your fan. And of course, I can never forget Calvin, who never fails to not study his audition piece, hahaha! A former local King had also arrived to audition, coolness. It was the first time I had ever seen this actor in person. Not much of a difference, really, hahaha. People always claim that an actor looks different in person, ahehe. A Philippine Idol finalist was there as well, tripping on the last step of the stairs as he made his entrance. Deadma ka dyan, ang bilis tuloy dumating ng karma, hahaha!


After lunch (which I had to help set because I was the one who knew everyone's orders), it was time for female auditions. I'm biased about Cathy, of course. And there were a couple more whose voices I liked, specially the beach girl. When Ms. Matilde from The Necklace had arrived, I couldn't help but say that I've seen that play, hahaha! It was like telling Mr. Ago that I saw his, but not his performance, ahehe. Ms. Matilde's hubby appeared after a while, and suddenly, he was talked into trying out as well. Then of course, we had to wait for the last girl to arrive. When she did, I was surprised to find out that she had just turned 16 yesterday. Too young. But my golly, she had the voice of an angel. I sure hope she keeps going.


Hahaha, I just realized that I didn't mention any auditionee's names except for Calvin and Cathy. Oh well.


Oh yeah, this production of The King and I is an Asian tour, and I don't think Manila is included, for those who are planning to ask (because a bunch had already asked me, ahahaha). Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment