Thursday, November 9, 2006

Nicco's birthday bash

So yesterday, we celebrated Nicco's 21st birthday. Prior to that, Carms, Miko and I have been coordinating with each other behind his back since September to help his mom plan his surprise birthday party, hahaha.


My golly, since then, I think I drove people crazy, bugging them, texting them about the whole banana. I guess you guys are finally glad to be rid of me, huh? Hahaha.


Anyway.


Betty, Mish and I met up in Greenbelt after work then off we went to Oasis, where the party was to be held. We were the first ones there, hahaha. We waited for everyone else to trickle in. I was kinda worried then about the turnout, because there were a bunch of people who messaged me that day, giving last-minute regrets, waaah. I really wanted a lot of people to come. Oh well.


Oh yeah, weeks before the party, Carms, Miko and I met up with Tita Analyn at their condo to talk about the whole thing. We decided on a simple debut-ish program, hahaha. 21 memories and 21 objects. Anyway, because a lot of people had messaged me that they'd be late, we played the whole thing by ear. Too bad the program didn't push through.


So there. Anyway (again).


Back to the party. People were finally arriving, mostly Nicco's relatives. People were still texting me, asking how to get to the venue. Hahaha, sometimes I'd hand the phone over to Merv because I have a really bad sense of direction. But at least they made it, hahaha.


When there was a fair number of people in the venue, I got a message from Carms, saying that Tita was already letting them go to the venue, so they were on their way. Haha, when they arrived, the band started playing "Happy Birthday" as they walked inside, with Kath and her date in tow. Ahehehe, was the birthday boy surprised? No comment, hahaha!


My favorite position in the venue? The chocolate fountain! Wahehehe. I can't remember how many times I've stood by it and pigged out. I think the photographer even found it funny to catch us there as we automatically smiled for the camera, hahaha!


So what did we have instead of the program? We got Nicco to sing with the band, hehe. He was so hilarious, asking everyone what he could sing, stuff like that, until he finally settled on "The Way You Look At Me." Nahaaaks. When he was done, he got Carms to join him onstage, and they sang "Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang." Woohoo! Go Carms! She was awarded a solo spot right after that, hehe.


People still keep popping in, and I was glad to see all the people. And even though it was late, they still managed to drop by. Heck, while there were groups of us were hanging around outside the venue, I finally got a text message from Anna, saying that she and Joel couldn't make it, but a whole bunch of people from TP would still be coming. That was followed by a text from Wenah, asking if there was any food left, because there were 11 of them. What a sight to see indeed. The TP people arrived all together, woohoo! They made it, and there was still enough food for them, hahaha!


I soon found myself at a table in the far corner with Mimay, Nikki and Arni, just watching Nicco's dad do what he does the best onstage with the band. Hahaha, hilarious! Then when we were back at the other side of the venue, I found Cris amidst the TP group gesturing me to come over. Nyahahay, he was standing with Jerald, and he just had to bring up our "It's complicated" YM conversation the night before right in front of him. *bonk* Hahahaha.


The rest of the night was spent just mingling with everyone. Rawr, because the venue was only until midnight, things were gradually being cut short. Hahaha, Nicco even suggested playing a little game when there was just one bunch of us left. We had already arranged the chairs in a circle, ready to play "Zip-Zap-Zoom" when his car arrived. Oh well, time for the birthday boy to go home, so we all bid our farewells to each other as well.


All in all, I had fun. Thanks for all those who came (hahaha, feeling party ko) and thank you for putting up me and my text messages, hahaha.


I'm actually still sleepy, rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment