Saturday, November 11, 2006

Barbie at the CMMA

Hahaha, funny title.


Anyway, so Maria Milagros Barbarosa was a finalist in the student film category of the Catholic Mass Media Awards. To my surprise last week, Irene had invited me to go with her and Sheena to the event. It began at 4 in the afternoon, so I just had to catch up because I get out at 5 o'clock.


While I was still in the office getting ready (with a last-minute request from Liza in between), I suddenly got a text from Sheena, saying that the finalist from UST won the the category that MMB was in. She told me that I could still go and catch up with them, and I don't have to dress up. Oh well, I was already in my dress, but I changed anyway, because heck, I don't want to be that girl in the red gown hailing a taxi, hahahaha!


By the time I arrived at RCBC's Carlos Romulo Auditorium, the lobby was packed with people, all dressed up. I suddenly stuck out like a sore thumb in my jeans and black shirt. But hey, I could pass for the stage crew, hahaha. I finally found Irene at the far side of the lobby, and we all stood around talking with Leo, Deanne and Tonet. As it turned out, no one made it in time except for Deanne, ahahaha.


Irene then mentioned that Lea was at the event. Oooh. A few moments after that, we did find Lea leaving the auditorium with her mom. Irene wanted me to introduce her, so I said hello. Lea then asked who I was with, so that's when I introduced Irene, and briefly mentioned that her film that I was part of was a finalist. Hahaha, starstruck si Irene because Lea shook her hand! Great to see you again, Lea! Sorry I had to stop you when you were in a rush.


We then hung around outside the open door nearest the one leading backstage, just listening to the whole banana. We couldn't find Sheena yet, but she turned up after a few minutes of our stay by the door. After a while, we got tired of standing there, so it was back to the lobby for us. Sheena finally convinced me to change back into my dress for photo ops, so I did. Hahaha, I was kinda shy to begin with, because that was the same red dress that I wore as Barbie in the film. I wanted to wear it as a gag, but I guess I felt silly by then, but just for a while. Hahaha, when Kuya Manny of RCBC saw me, he was surprised that I was there, and dressed up.


Anyway, it was camwhoring time! Hahaha, we took advantage of Deanne's camera (Deanne! Pakopya ng pics!) and I didn't even mind that I was lugging a big bag that totally mismatched my dress, hehehe.


My golly, we spent the rest of the event just there at the lobby, taking pictures and just hanging around. I had forgotten how painful my shoes can get if I stand around for a long time, and I didn't realize that my feet were hurting until I heard Sheena complain about her own. We were getting hungry as well by the time the event was over, so we suggested dinner. After a last photo op by Irene's sister, off we went. Sheena, Leo, Tonet and I ended up at Mexicali. Haha, I missed their burritos. Irene had to go with her family and Deanne had to leave as well. Ahehe, I guess you're done being bitter by now, huh guys? Put it this way, we were so close to winning! Nyahahaha!

4 comments:

  1. Barbeeeeeee *ate naomi tone* hahaha CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea's everywhere..! =p haay lagi kaung nagtatagpo..! =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahahaha, alala ko tuloy dati na I could hear Ate Naomi calling me in my sleep. Alam ko na tuloy feeling ni Barbie pag lagi syang tinatawag ni Mrs. Consolacion. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, we were so close to winning! hehehe! I'll upload the pics soon.. hehe. sana ngayon na.. hehe!

    ReplyDelete