Saturday, November 18, 2006

the world gets smaller

Ahaha, more about the title later.


This evening, I met up with Nikki in Glorietta after work so we can go to Intramuros to watch Walk Back In Time together with Remus. When we got a message from Remus that he was running late, we decided to meet him at the venue instead, so we took off in a cab.


We had no idea where the venue exactly is, because the last time I've been inside Intramuros was 3 years ago. Hahaha, that was back when Anna and I first got together during those crazy Ritmo Enkwentro days. Thank goodness we got good directions from the first manong guard that we saw (yes, one of the ones that don those guardia sibil uniforms).


When Nikki and I had reached the venue, the show had already started. No seats, most of the people were standing, except for the people in front that had managed to grab those few Monobloc chairs and some were even sitting on the floor. Oh well, so we just stood around and watched, constantly talking in between, ahahaha. I wasn't really paying attention because Nix and I kept talking the whole time.


After the show, we went outside and walked around. Found out that David was in the cast, so I went over and said hi, as well as to Anna, Tara and Shing. Jerald found us as we were mingling, and even introduced Gary to us. Hahaha, I kept wondering that if we went with him back to Via Mare, we'd get free halo-halo as well.


Remus finally arrived after a while, then Jerald had to go back inside and change. Yay, we found a bench we could sit on. Then I think someone had spotted this girl wearing a really short black thing. I believe Je and Gary had mentioned the girl's name as she had passed by earlier, King or Kim or something. Apparently she was one of the models in the show. I didn't really pay much attention to the name, or even the girl's face. I just noticed what she was wearing.


Nikki, Remus and I just stayed on the bench while the show began outside the venue. When the show was about to move inside, we quickly got to our feet and went in. Sat on the cement floor next to Max, so we finally had a good view of the whole thing. OK, everything was already pre-recorded, so the cast just had to lip-synch the dialogue. And my golly, I have to say, napagod ako para sa cast. But I've got to admire them for pouring all their energy, even though they already had one show just 20 minutes prior to that last one.


Hahaha, when the show was about to end, I remembered that the cast had went downstage to dance in a conga line. Then when they went downstage a second time, they started pulling people from the crowd. I kept as small as possible and hid behind Max, but someone had already grabbed him. Nyahahay, that's when Arni had spotted me and suddenly he grabbed my wrists and tried to pull me to my feet. I resisted at first, but oh well, I gave up and went with him, as they all danced their way out the venue. Wahahahaha.


Oh yeah, let's get back to this entry's title. So after the show, Nikki, Remus and I were standing outside, just listening to Pido and his band, then finally the cast emerges from the venue. Then I found that the girl in that small black outfit was standing in front of me, and said my entire name. Suddenly it dawned on me as to who she was. It was AQ/King! Oh my goodness, a batchmate that I knew way back in grade school, and she's that model that I saw earlier?!? Hahaha, of course, I was so surprised that I think I had alarmed the people nearby with my scandalous "OH MY GOD!" What a small world! After all these years, I find her there. Que amusing.


Anyway, so there.


Oh, by the way, has any of you read Dogeaters by Jessica Hagedorn? The one that's written into a play? I spent part of this week re-typing the script and it was quite an interesting read. What do you guys think about it?


Time to get some sleep. G'night, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment