Monday, November 27, 2006

the weekend went by

Saturday, November 25


I had a couple of tentative plans for the day. One was to watch a production of Rent in San Beda Alabang. Prof Arvin, Remus and Jam are all in it as Mark, Benny and Collins respectively. But then, I didn't have anyone to go with. Then there's the Francis Papica Foundation's benefit concert at the Aliw Theater. Miss Liza had complimentary tickets handy, but Mimay had offered as well.


I ended up going to the latter.


I first met up with Tin at Starbucks Harbour Square late that afternoon. She wanted to give out her debut party's invitations, so that's where we met up. Waited for Betty and Gem to finish watching Bakeretta, then they joined us. Michelle had also arrived, so random chitchats, such as how Bakeretta was during the matinee (hahaha, Carms, may personal harana ka pa pala!) and how Betty and I finally had respect (well, just a little, HAHAHA) for Ian upon seeing him in Hamlet.


Then Tin wondered how to get some of the invites to some of the people from TP, so we suggested we go to the buffeteria to hand the invites of Nicco, Bong and Cris. We ended up eating there as well, hahaha.


After killing a bit of time, we all had to go our separate ways. Tin had to go to a dinner out with her cousins, Betty and Gem had to go to Intramuros to check out A Walk Back In Time, and Michelle and I had to meet Mimay at the Aliw Theater lobby to get our tickets for the concert.


Michelle and I found Mimay at a table in the lobby with Kit and Dohna. Got our tickets (thank you, Mims!) then waited for Jonna before we headed inside.


Arg, the concert started an hour late. I was already texting Betty, saying that I should've gone with them instead to Intramuros, ahahaha. But hey, it was a freebie anyway, so I can't complain. But why oh why did it have to start so late just because they wanted to fill up the theater?


The concert? Well, it was so-so. I wasn't really wow-ed by it. But I had tons of laughs as I listened to the crowd scream at Erik Santos, Jay-R, Piolo Pascual and Pops Fernandez. I was almost off my seat just laughing as they all surged forward just to take a good photo of the artists, and hopefully even get to touch them. Wahahahaha. I suddenly remembered Peachy when she forgot to press the button of her camera because of that one smile, HAHAHA!



Sunday, November 26


My dad and I went to Cavite City early in the morning to attend MM's christening. My brother was one of the godfathers, but because he's in the US, I had to stand in.


To my surprise, when we got to the church, Ate Ching was there! I had no idea she was in Manila! I just had to hug her real hard to keep myself from doing my trademark scandalous "OH MY GOD!" inside the church. It was so great to see her again.


So there, after a quick ceremony, MM was finally christened Matthew Mesia. Hahaha, we all just had to comment that the photo ops took longer than the actual baptism. We all started laughing when MM woke up. He slept through the entire thing, even part of the photo ops, then he woke up when it was time to have his photos taken with the grandparents. But that kid is so adorable. You have to be on your toes the whole time just to make him smile, hehehe.


For photos, you can check it out here.


Food! We all went straight to the restaurant and I was starving. Never mind that Dad and I stopped over at McDonald's before going to the church, hahaha. It was great to be with Ate Ching again, so we had to catch up on each other's news as we ate. Too bad Ate Shang and Kuya Butch didn't make it, aw.



King and I auditions again tomorrow. This is gonna be interesting.

3 comments:

  1. really? who's staging the king and i? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Broadway Asia. It's an Asian tour, but it won't include Manila, darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broadway Asia. =) It's an Asian tour, but it doesn't include Manila, darn.

    ReplyDelete