Monday, March 19, 2007

Gay Birds again

Got to watch Gay Birds again, ahahaha. This time, I went with Zshali and Carlo.

We met up in Greenbelt at around noon and hung around at Starbucks, talking the hours away. Zshali had said last week that Tuxqs might come and watch with us, but when she had bought our tickets, he was still tentative. Aw, by today, Tuxqs didn't get to join us. Oh well, maybe next time.


So back to the play. I guess I'm still kinda wary about making a critique on anything, specially if I know some of the people behind it. Oh well. First thing, I have to admit that sometimes, the exchange of dialogue can be quite slow, so it can drag for a while. I guess I got used to quick exchanges, quicker pacing, ever since I learned it last year. But other than that, the lines were still funny. And get this, I actually tried to count how many costume changes Jejie had. I think he had at least 10, so maybe around 12? Hahaha, I stopped counting when I got to the 10th. Then I started wondering about the accents of the delos Reyes family. They were all different from each other. The father's had a slight Filipino accent like the rest of the cast (plus he delivered his lines too slow that I found myself waiting if he was still about to say something more), the mother had a bit of a British accent, and Diana's had an American accent. Huwaw. But of course, I still enjoyed the finale the most! Hahahaha.


After the play, we settled in Coffee Bean, just talking. Tin was supposed to follow us, but as it had turned out, she got invited to baby Nathan's birthday party at Kids at Work in Glorietta, so she couldn't really leave just yet.


Oooh, lookie. Our first BFF photo op, hahaha!



Whoops, Carlo got cut. So let's try again...



There, much better.


How appropriate that we were in Coffee Bean when we had it taken this evening, where we all first met. And while sitting at the very same table, sitting in the same positions, no less, hahahaha!


Carlo had to leave after a while, so it was just Zshali and me while we were waiting for Tin to leave Nathan's party. Half the time, we ended up singing half the songs of both ZsaZsa Zaturnnah and Rent, hahahaha! Then finally, Tin had arrived, yay. More talk, more laughs, until we decided to call it a night. But before we parted ways, another photo op...



 

We ended up standing outside the ladies' room, hahaha.

 

Lately, I still catch myself thinking about certain things. Sometimes what ifs, some random brooding. I hate it. Then I keep telling myself that it's practically the same as last year, so why do I feel crummier this year? Hello Hogi, you were pretty content when you felt the exact same thing last year, so what's so different? Maybe because... oh, stop it. Never mind.

 

This year began with lots of uncertainties. I didn't plan what's to happen for this year. Everything was always tentative. Most things had already fallen apart. Maybe I had expected it to, that's why things are still uncertain. Then again, maybe because I didn't set any goals for 2007.

 

I need something to look forward to, plus I need an outlet. Again.

 

Here's one more photo to end this post. When I was feeling lonely tonight when I got home, but I felt comfort in the simple joy of having someone just sitting next to me.

 

6 comments:

  1. Hogi, don't be sad! Lots of nice things to look forward to...plus our almost weekly get-togethers.

    By the way, kakagising ko lang...bagsak ako paguwi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, tama nga naman, there are things to look forward to. Pero wala lang, minsan when I'm alone, nalulungkot na lang ako bigla. It happens to me at least twice a year, ahehehe.

    Grabe, plakda ka talaga pag-uwi ah. At least nakabawi na, maski nasaniban ng espiritu ng kaantukan, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed our little rendezvous yesterday! I LOVE GAY BIRDS! Sobra talagang galak! Hahahahaha! Jejie is so cute! Idol! Hahaha! And syempre, I Love... :) *kilig*

    And tama si Boyet, ang batang sinasaniban ng "Espiritu ng Kaantukan", there are a lot of things to look forward to, mare! Marami pang mapupuntahang lugar. At marami pang chikang mapagchichikahan!

    PLAKDA EVER DIN AKO PAG - UWI! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin ako makaget-over kay Jejie na yan!

    Marami pang chikang mapagchichikahan? Hahaha, tama ka. Lagi naman tayong may naiisip na magawa eh. Salamat sa inyo ni Boyet, pati ang espiritu ng kaantukan, HAHAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Dapat siguro next time lumabas tyo na walang ibang agenda kundi magchikahan at tumambay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game ako diyan! Ako pa, mahilig ako sa tambay! =)

    ReplyDelete