Wednesday, March 21, 2007

people that my old notebooks introduced me to

I always keep an open notebook on my desk in the office, where I put my to-do list, random phone numbers I encounter from phone calls, email addresses, etc.


I remember looking through the first notebook I used. There was this name and phone number written there sometime back in October of 2005, of someone from Tanghalang Pilipino who had called the office. The contact person was inviting someone to attend some recital or audition or whatever. A week after I had taken down that name and number, I got to watch a play that was running in CCP by TP, and found out that the person who had called was in the cast, so the next time she had called back, I managed to match a face to the name. Little did I know back then that I'd actually meet and befriend the talented Wenah and the rest of the people from the world of Tanghalang Pilipino, hahaha.


I did it again this afternoon. I looked through the first few pages of the notebook I'm currently using, and actually found an oddly familiar name with an email address this time. We had received an inquiry in our email, asking if we already have a schedule for our next production. I gave a quick reply, and jotted down the email address on my notebook because I had said that we will include it in our mailing list. Then because of an interest of a hit local musical play, without realizing it, I found the exact same name owned by a blockbuyer. I had no idea last year that aside from just calling the one who emailed just a theater enthusiast, I now consider Carlo a BFF that Zshali and I can drag along with to the theater and coffee shops.


It's so funny how you get to meet people. And you'd never expect that the people you'd meet would actually turn out to be very good friends.


I was supposed to blog about something else, but suddenly the thoughts about that topic slipped my mind. Maybe when I remember, I'll post again.

6 comments:

  1. Hay Hogi, nakakatuwa nga isipin na magiging BFFs pala tyo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaya nga eh! And to think na random name and email address ka lang dati sa notebook ko, ahehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha ang small talaga ng world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korek! It's a small world after all, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BFF talaga ang tawag eh, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete