Saturday, March 3, 2007

still living hopefully ever after

Back on this day, last year, I went to watch Blue Rep's production of Sweet Charity. So how appropo, I went to SM Megamall this afternoon with Ate Sally to watch their production of High School Musical. This is my second time to watch the show, hehehe. Thanks again to Hendri and Chari!


I was actually glad to have a better view of the stage, because last week, I was sitting on the 2nd row of orchestra right. Holy kamote. Our seats for today's matinee was in orchestra center, yay. Though the stage was still crowded because of how big the cast is. Other than that, it was still fun to watch.


Anyway, back to how I began this entry. I mentioned "back on this day" when I went to watch Charity. I just remembered one line in that particular play that went, "And she lived hopefully ever after." Plus that "fickle finger of fate," hahaha. Hmmm... hopefully ever after. I like that. In a way, I do live like that. Specially even now, maybe, hahaha.


I spent half of last year just probing around when it came to a new relationship. I've been a martyr for quite a long time, holding on to something for almost 2 years that I didn't realize that something else was brewing. I welcomed the new joy, but I still held on to the past. Someone had told me he loved me, but it took me a long time to realize that I had already stopped living in the past and was feeling something else. In the end, I lost both.


I really should learn to stop living in the past. I'm still living "hopefully ever after," no matter crazy it may sound.


Oh yeah, a belated happy birthday to the self-proclaimed ironman.


Tomorrow will be a good day. I just know it.

6 comments:

  1. oh, man, i feel for you. and i can relate too. but i won't go into that. :-P

    what i will go into is this: "hopefully ever after" is really not a bad thing when kept in perspective. i mean, there's nothing wrong with remaining hopeful for things in the future, right? you're correct in your decision to stop living in the past. so the thing to do now is direct your "hopefully ever after" towards what lies ahead.

    because i know for a fact that The Man Upstairs doesn't want us to live in despair. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I'm usually a very optimistic person, and I should find that part of me again. I have this tendency to cling to the past and never learn how to detach myself. Arg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you know what? i also watched sweet charity this same weekend last year. i watched the saturday (march 4) evening show. i can still remember the circumstances. i had gone to ateneo to watch the premiere performance the friday of the week before (feb 24), but political rallies all over edsa forced bluerep to cancel their first weekend. i felt really bad for them, as they lost a lot of potential earnings right there. but i think they bounced back the following weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I sort of got annoyed about the whole EDSA thing because Blue Rep had to move their shows. But despite the change of schedule, it was still a good show. Hahaha, my friend and I brought our cameras and kept forgetting to turn off the flash before every act began. Thank goodness it only happened twice (even though it can get annoying for everyone else).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be living hopefully with you. :* I'm hoping for a different view. xD Love ya, Hogi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, we should ALL live hopefully ever after. after all, if there's nothing to hope for, there's nothing to live for.

    ReplyDelete