Friday, March 16, 2007

Gay Birds

Last night, Nikki, Misch and I went to the preview show of Repertory Philippines' production of Gay Birds. Ever since I checked out their rehearsal last week, I really wanted to see the entire thing, specially because they were doing the play in Taglish with a Filipino setting.


Holy kamote, they were hilarious! There were punchlines after punchlines, and I've heard too much of gay lingo to last me a lifetime, hahahaha! Jejie was my favorite, as I had called him a walking punchline. From his crazy entrances to his costume changes, he was quite the scene stealer every time he's onstage, donning costumes as Annie, Marilyn Monroe, a nun, and even as a formal-looking butler who can't seem to walk properly in shoes. And to think that I got kinda bored watching him in Palabas/Exit, the Virgin Labfest 2 play that I saw him in last year.


I'm watching this again on Sunday with Z and Carlo.


I'm blogging again during early morning. I wanted to write more about last night but my mind isn't fully functioning yet. I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment