Monday, March 5, 2007

HSM with BFFs

Ever since last week, Carlo, Zshali and I have been trying to get together but it seems that things keep falling through. We finally got our chance yesterday. We were supposed to meet up in Makati because Z had a craving for something in Coffee Bean, ahehehe.


Then by Satuday evening, Carlo and Micah had decided to watch the last show of Blue Rep's High School Musical. So last minute change of plans, we all decided to meet up in Megamall instead. Then by Sunday morning, Z had also decided to watch as well, hahaha.


When we had met up in Megamall, we first went to Ticketworld so they can buy tickets, then we were off to Starbucks for our long-awaited gab session. Per usual, Z did most of the talking, with all her funny stories, punctuated with Carlo's funny quips. And every time we ask Carlo to share something, the whole conversation would revert back to Z! Hahahaha! Plus Micah hardly talked, ahehe. And to think that she's one of the most frequent poster/commenter (is there such a word???) in our Multiply pages.


Anyway, when it was already half an hour before the show would start, we headed for the cinemas. Z, Carlo and Micah fell in line while I was herded by Mia to the tech booth, where I was to stay with her, ahehehe.


There were already a lot of people in the booth, and the only familiar people I knew aside from Mia were, Chari, Andrei, Felix and Mahar. Watching Mia slip her headset on and off made me miss the action of being part of the crew. I remembered the "chat room" we established before and during open house during our Doubt days, talking about practically anything under the sun, from songs about women to Mia's questions about being in professional technical theater.


There were last minute things before the show finally began, then I settled in my place, even though I was just standing against the wall, hahaha. Anyway, the audience was pretty receptive that day. And there were so many kids waving their hands in hopes of getting called during the audition scene. And speaking of the audition scene, I still can't help but laugh every time I hear the music in the beginning because it reminded me so much of Chorus Line's "God, I Hope I Get It."


Oh no, I'm going to comment about the lights. Sorry Johnsy! It's just that there were some scenes where some of the cast members get too many shadows on their faces. Like say, those classroom scenes. Oh well, I'll let it slide. There aren't any levels anyway. As for the set, the bleachers were mighty impressive. Versatile as well because it's easy to change each scene from a gym to the school hallway and library. Minimal but it worked. But when it came to the cafeteria scene, it was just too much to handle. It was already a little too much because of the big cast, and then there was the additional set pieces, so the entire company was sort of pouring out the stage. But they used the space pretty well. Sounds contadictory, but hey, that's what I saw.


This got me thinking. Each of the lead characters have their own story, be it in the play or in the movie version. But in the play, Ryan was more fleshed out. Ryan was too much like Sharpay in the movie version, so it showed in the detention scene that he was always hidden in Sharpay's shadow. And ooh, was that a moment between him and the skater-dude-cum-cellist? Hahahaha! Kidding.


After the show, I met up with Z, Carlo and Micah in the totally crowded lobby. Hahaha, we even teased Carlo about his wanting to have a photo taken with Karel. Anyway, we had nothing much to do by then, and Z and I were getting kind of hungry. After walking around a little too much in search of a place to eat, we ended up at the food court instead, hahaha.


Ooh, Z was texting Tuxqs during that time, and I think we can borrow his DVD of Temptation Island. I've been pretty curious about that, so I can' t wait to see it. Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Nakapagupdate na kayong 2 ni Z ng blog! Ako, wala pa. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang saya saya. Parehong blog entry nyo talagang nachuva na naman na ako lang ang madaldal. Oh well, I enjoyed! Sa susunod, bawal na ko magsalita ha!

    Anyway, sana nga ipahiram na ni Jerald yung DVD. Matagal na rin kasi yung promise ni Tuxqs (sana mabasa nya to! hahahaha) na bibigyan nya ko ng copy. Pero ok lang. Alam ko kung gaano sya kabusy! :) Anyway, kulitin ang Father Bernie, please!

    At Tuxqs, kung nababasa mo man ito, PAHIRAM NG WICKED!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha, ano bang rule yan, bawal ka na magsalita. =)

    Naku, mas lalo nga akong na-curious dun sa DVD na yun. Pero kamusta naman, wala na kong powers para kulitin sa Father eh, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naku, powerless na bang talaga? Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete