Friday, March 16, 2007

Dreamgirls and others

OK, I take back what I had said in my previous entry that I had heard enough gay lingo in Gay Birds to last me a lifetime. When the dancers of BAE's The King and I went to the office this afternoon for a meeting with Miss Liza, I learned a whole bunch more just by listening to Kenneth, hahaha!


Those dancers are flying to China tomorrow. To Meliza, Cecile, Kenneth, Novy, Vinia, Victoria, Marvin and Gerlin, I wish you guys all the best! Hehehe, tingnan natin kung sino sa inyo ang unang ma-eliminate sa "bahay ni kuya", HAHAHAHA!


I still can't seem to write a proper critique about last night's preview of Gay Birds. Maybe after I watch it again on Sunday with the BFFs (and maybe Tuxqs rin daw, according to Z). But I have to say, I just love that finale! And the show got a standing ovation, coolness.


Met up with Nikki after work so we could finally watch Dreamgirls. The flick was great, Jennifer Hudson was perfect as Effie, and I envied Beyonce's figure all throughout the show, hahaha. There were a few songs that were taken out, some were added, but what I liked about the movie was that they added quite a bit more detail to the story, and then some. In the film, they gave Jimmy Early a bit more to work with, because of his drug addiction. They didn't show much of CC and Michelle's relationship, but I have to admit, Michelle coming in earlier in the plot as a secretary was something I didn't expect, hahaha. And Loretta Devine, the original Lorell in the Broadway production, had a cameo!


But my goodness, that scene where they sang "Family" was so much like a music video. Even Keith Robinson moved as if he was in a music video. Isn't a song in a musical supposed to be like a regular scene? Oh well.


I'm bored. Nothing to do tomorrow, rawr.

No comments:

Post a Comment