Tuesday, February 13, 2007

amnesia is real, hahaha

I've always thought that amnesia only happens in cheesy soap operas, just to add another twist to the story or keep the story moving. I mean, yeah, people do tend to forget, and some people even have these short memory lapses. Heck, I'm a forgetful person myself.


I guess it's because I had never met someone who actually had a case of amnesia.


A couple of weeks ago, the boyfriend of a friend of mine had gotten into a pretty scary accident. He works abroad while she stays here. She felt so helpless, always stressed out from thinking about the guy. In fact, she's been crying practically every day during that first week, because her boyfriend was in the hospital, unable to move, just staring into space.


Then late last week, he finally managed to speak... But he couldn't remember a thing. Literally. Not only couldn't remember where he was, or how he had gotten there, but he had lost memory of everyone, even his family. Waterworks galore again for my friend, because once again, she felt so helpless, not being able to do anything to help him.


Last night he was flown back to his family. But before he got on the plane, he got to talk to my friend. He couldn't remember who she was as they talked, but he was told by his friends that he knew her well, very well, so that was what he told her. I was already touched enough by this story as she told it to me today, but there was more to that. Right after they had talked, the guy's friend (who had brought him to the airport) had texted my friend, saying that her boyfriend had told him, "I've heard that voice before." Vague as it was, it all gave us hope that he has the slightest glimmer of a memory at last.



Yes, I'm blogging not of myself, but of someone else's story.


Oh my, I just got an email about auditions for Tanghalang Pilipino Actors' Company, and listed the requirements for the audition. What if I try out and don't have a fighting chance because of one particular requirement? Rawr.

1 comment: