Tuesday, February 27, 2007

stuff, and callback auditions

What I like about having a really busy day like today is that it keeps me from thinking about other things that I don't really want to worry about.


Yesterday I met up with an old flame after his meeting with my boss, which was the same time I got off work. We both had nothing to do by then, so we decided to just hang out and talk somewhere. Of course he opted for a place where he can smoke, so I led the way to Gloria Jeans. When we were nearing exit of Glorietta 3 that was nearest to GJ, I found a familiar person's back right in front of us. Sure enough, it was Nyoy, hahaha. He was with Tita Helen, Nyay, and a friend of Nyay's. So of course, I couldn't pass by without saying hi to them. Ooh, I love Chiquita's new phone (bought the day before, hahaha). After a few hellos, back to our route to GJ.


Our chitchat basically revolved around theatre, beginning with his meeting earlier regarding a delicate scene. Interesting. Then he mentioned all that crazy stuff that had happened to him on that night at Penguin and more so, when he got held up during the wee hours of Friday morning. I swear, when he told that last story, I wanted to hug him just to assure myself that he was alright, but I restrained myself because I don't think it's proper to do so anymore. We talked and talked, but it was obvious that we were avoiding one particular topic. Though he made the mistake of mentioning something without meaning to. Plus that bad move at the bus stop. Oh well.


Callback auditions for Avenue Q today. It was quieter, because there were fewer people, and I was the only one at the registration table. Though all throughout the day, the callback auditionees were just hanging around the waiting area, talking, and even using these crazy voices. I can still hear Jenny's voice in my head as well as Felix's Gollum voice!


I've been struggling with this monologue I had my heart set on, but it keeps getting flat at my every attempt, so I had to ask my acting teacher for advice.


"You have to trust the material and not play it for laughs. Funny kasi lines nya...


Then she said that the other character from the same play suited me better. Hmmm... That's a thought. I'll read that too later.

23 comments:

  1. being busy with something makes you forget someone..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wag naman totally forget... Just for a moment lang so as not to disturb me, ahehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahehehe, nakakalungkot ba? Well, masyado lang akong mabait... Nah, the apt word is masochistic, ahehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay Lang, madrama din ako ngayon.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, alam mo.. ang buhay, parang life. Sometimes you're at the bottom and sometimes you're up. Kaya ano ang solusyon? BOTTOMS UP!! HEHEHE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, reading what you wrote, you sound a lot alike. =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyay? As in Nyay Volante? Awwww! She used to be my colleague. Super bait nya. Magkakilala pala kayo? Yung kasama nyang friend, baka kilala ko rin. Hahaha. Chikas sa sunday.

    Anywho, ang old flame ba na ito eh kilala ko? :) At ano ang bad move sa bus stop? ANOOOO?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yepyep, that same Nyay. Well, we're just acquaintances, and I doubt na naaalala pa nya ako from before, ahehehe. Di ko kilala yung kasama nya eh, pero kakilala ng kasama ko.
    Hahaha, pag-uusapan yan pag nagkita tayo. Di pwede dito, HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kung di na-gets ni Z, eh di in the words of Didi... "Matagumpay, Propesora!" HAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ate hogiiiii =p hug

    z, and carlo, helloooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hug din.
    Well, to quote, "Ganyan talaga ang buhay."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why not, hahahaha. Labshoo, Tin. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Syempre dito na nag-hello, hahaha. Mga BFFs talaga o. =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha! ganon talaga, baka sabihin ni tin, isnabero ako. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotcha mare. Shashahimikz na lang muna akez nang di maudlots ang tzikahanz za nag iisa at bagung bagong meeting place na Ishtarbakzzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha, Starbucks na ito!
    Hmm... familiar ang pagsabi mo nun ah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hay, baklang bakla. Hahahaha.
    See yah!

    ReplyDelete