Thursday, February 22, 2007

post-auditions

One of my favorite parts of an audition that I'm involved in is the day after, or whenever we get the chance to open the files of everything that happened during the audition proper. The first time I had experienced this was about 3 years ago, when Rain and I were casting our thesis.


Yes, it's fun going through everyone's audition form, resume and photo. Hahahaha. Plus we get to watch or even just listen to anyone's audition whenever we want. Every time Ate Sally and I hear something interesting going on in the audition venue, we would always jump up from our chairs at the registration table and peek inside to see what was going on.


Hahaha, for those who didn't get to go to the auditions last Tuesday, I just had to laugh at Bobby's system. It was organized and fast, but it was so "American Idol"-ish, like when they flash that darn "golden ticket". So when auditionees exit the room with a callback card with an Avenue Q character's name, they get called back the next week. All they have to do is surrender the card to us, I schedule their callback and they get a study pack which includes a CD of the character they were given, a score, and some sides.


Yesterday, when Bobby had given me the task to input the contact details of everyone who got called back and email ALL the people who had auditioned, Ate Sally and I started flipping through everyone's files. Hahahaha, it was fun learning about how people came from different backgrounds, training, school of acting, that sort of thing. And of course, all the effort put into some of the photos. Some just submitted 2x2 ID photos, while others submitted full color studio photos. I remember someone handing an 8 by10 once. Heck, Tara and Joel's photos even came from the same pictorial, ahehehe. Someone else had put these photos from his last 3 shows. Another even submitted a set card.


More auditions are coming up. Callbacks, singer and dancer auditions, plus that other one. Break a leg to all of us.

4 comments:

  1. what did you think of my resume? amateur, huh. lolz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot, hahaha. Natuwa lang ako when I saw that you all took the same workshop class. Tapos I just listened to your voice. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyahaha. you just don't wanna call me amateur, huh. lolz. thanks for paying attention to my voice lolz. "Nothing's gonna harm you, not while i'm around."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, that's because we were all amateurs back then. =)
    Miss you loads, Mims!

    ReplyDelete