Monday, February 12, 2007

a phone call... and independent films

Getting a phone call from one of my best friends last night was quite a nice surprise. I answered the phone not expecting anyone to call me. When I heard the voice on the other line, it felt like stepping into a waterfall on a hot summer day. Or to be more realistic, it felt like wearing freshly ironed shirts on a rainy day. Ahehehe. Thanks dear. It was the best conversation I had in ages.


Oh yeah, thanks to Bryan as well for giving me another point of view.


The 19th Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video begins tomorrow at CCP's Dream Theater.


And get this...
ADMISSION IS FREE!


Here's the schedule...


February 13, Tuesday
1:00 PM

Short Feature Entries 1
Doghouse / Jose / Litanya
Saling Pusa / Lapis at Papel
Impen / Malas / Bestfriends
Carpool / Pagbugtaw (Waking Up)
Kariton / Ang Kapalaran ni Virgin Mario
Ikasiyam na Palapag (Ninth Floor)
Kung ang Tula ay Pwedeng Pambili ng
Lalaki
Tatlong Piso / Ang Pagbabalik


4:00 PM
Documentary Entries 1
Ramblings from the Sea
Piso at Monumento / Buhay sa Patay
Bunker O:Sumirib Plus
Ciao Gian Luca! / Making Group Sex
Ruta ni Ka Roda / Buhay Bangkero
Graveyard Shift / Medalawna
Sinulog for Beginners
Batang Ballroom


7:00 PM
Opening Film:
BEHIND IMAHE NASYON
By Jon Red


February 14, Wednesday
10:00 AM

Short Feature Entries 2
Takipsilim / Klepto
Pinakamagandang Pelikula
One-Man Show
Adam's Family
Eros / Manyika (Doll) / Yayay
Mysteryo ng Hapis (Sorrowful Mystery)
Lababo (Kitchen Sink)


1:00 PM
Documentary Entries 2
Ossie: A Sinulog Photographer
Musika at Bulag
Boxingera
Mama/San
Portrait: Rediscovering A Filipino
Film Classic
Sa Pusod ng Bundok
Sa Villa Cristo Rey
Sa Kanlungan ni Ina


4:00 PM
Short Feature Entries 3
Tagapagligtas
Inertia
Lakaran


7:00 PM
Animation Entries
Target / Spider's Thread
Dok / Egg-O / Ang Pagkaplag
Row your Boat / Dream Systems
A Day In The Life Of Gloria Arrovo
Buhay Bato
d/w
New Animation from Indonesia from hellofest (jakarta)


February 15, Thursday
10AM

Documentary Entries 3
Bantay Riles
Kunyang
Sa Patay, sa buhay (In Death, In life)
Da Dou Sai Mau (WTO, Ibasura!; Junk WTO!)
Lukso


1:00 PM
Short Feature Entries 4
Wish Ko Lang
Gabon (Cloud)
Sikolohikal na Armas ni Juan dela Cruz
OFW - Bagong Bayani o Baliw na Bayani
Dead Letter
Geegee at Waterina
Hinagap


4:00 PM
Documentary Entries 4
Memories of the Sea
Walai
Syokoy


7:00 PM
Experimental Entries
Sakdal Laya / Lang
It Feels Good To Be Alive
Cuatro / WWIII
Makibaka Wag Matakot
Transcendental Progression
Simula / Mga Bagay na may Pakpak
Sa Pagdating sa Bawat Sandali ng Mga Bangungot / Doble Vista
Mr. Holiday Wants To Die
Spill / Attack Rate / Revolt of the Hymen


February 16, Friday
10AM

Short Feature Entries 5
Maria Milagros Barbarosa --> featuring me! HAHAHAHA! (Yak, kapal)
Alagwa (Breaking Free)
Ang Obrang 'Di Tapos
Murphy's Law


7:00 PM
Awards Ceremony



Rawr, I won't be able to watch MMB on Friday with the rest of the crowd again. I don't mind that at all, really. I might cringe the whole time at the sight of myself being watched by other people. But count on it, I will be at the awards ceremony. Heck, I was told that there will be cocktails. I never say no to food, hahaha!


How appropo. Almost exactly a year ago, I had to go to this house in Fairview to shoot Maria Milagros Barbarosa. That was when I had first breathed life into "Barbie". Which also means... huwait, is it Tito Ariel's birthday today? Happy birthday! Ahehehe.


Valentine's Day in a couple of days. Hahaha, last year, I was pondering about singledom with my adopted baby bro. Now, I'm not really pondering over it again. I mean, it would've been nice to have someone on that day, but once again, the occasion is pretty overrated, as a whole bunch of us had said last year and even the year before, hahaha. I mean, why do couples act all lovey-dovey on that one day when they can do it the whole year?


I was looking through this book earlier in Powerbooks about what was in during the 90s. Hahaha, I can't believe I was so into that decade. I even thought of sporting the grunge look again once this week, maybe either on Wednesday or Friday. Of course, I have to look for that flannel shirt that I have that still fits me perfectly, hahaha.


Ew, I can't believe I actually want to pull that off. Oh well, just something to do, I guess, hahaha.


My aunt just gave me a huge bar of Hershey's chocolate. Yay, happy food. Even though I still prefer Meiji's black chocolate, I never say no to chocolate given to me. Or other free food, for that matter, hahaha!

10 comments:

  1. aaawww.. independent films., i love!!!! :) i want to watch!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lipad ka ulit pabalik dito... And surprise me sa Friday, hahahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here! i love love love Meiji!!!
    uy, i wanna watch your short film. kaya lang wala ako kasama ever! grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaawww.. yeah, ill do that the next time im back.. G4 memories = happy thoughts.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeeeesss! Meiji is friend, hehehe. =)
    Hatakin mo si Carlo, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that was a nice surprise hearing you shout my name in G4 on that fateful day, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gusto nga rin sana kita mapanood kaya lang ung schedule ko di pwede tlga eh. sayang!

    ReplyDelete
  8. May DVD copy ako of the short film, pero nahihiya ako papanoorin sa iba eh, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete