Saturday, February 17, 2007

awards night of Gawad CCP

So this entire week, there was the 19th Gawad CCP Para sa Alternatibong Pelikula at Video. The event was capped by an awards ceremony that was held in front of the PDC building this evening. I went there along with Irene and a bunch of her friends from school.


I got to CCP a little early, so I hung around in Starbucks to kill time. Found out that Aris and some of his office mates were about to watch The Pretenders, so I met up with them at the LT lobby first. Then a little after seven, I went to the PDC building.


Oh well, our film didn't get anything, but the rest did, so support pa rin, woohoo! Hahaha... Tonet even bagged about 3 awards, huwaw. Well, mostly I went to the event for the food, ahehehe. The moment we had sat down, I could already see the chocolate fountain inside the PDC building that I couldn't wait for the awards to end, HAHAHA! So once the awards were over and we all went inside, I hovered near the chocolate fountain, waiting for someone else to get something from that table so I could follow suit, ahehe. Of course, Sir Ed was one of the first.


We each filled our plates then returned outside to the seats so we can sit, eat and watch the winning entries. Little chitchat with Irene as well, ahehehe.


Oh yeah, Quark Henares was one of the judges of the short film category. I knew that Quark's one of Jaypi's very good friends, so I texted him to tell him that Quark was there. So after a while, they were texting each other, with Jaypi telling Quark about the film I was in. When the whole event was finally over, I got a call from Jaypi, and his phone call really made my night. He had forwarded his friend's messages to me... and I don't know if this was really true, but it came out as if Quark had liked my work!


"uy super galing th girl who played th maid in that film! Was that yr friend?"
"She did great :-)"


Oh my oh my oh my... Thank you for this, Jaypi!


So anyway, after that, I waited outside the LT lobby for the audience of The Pretenders for Aris, Joff, Sheryll and Jeric. It was easy to spot Aris because he's always the one in the bright blue shirt. Said hello to a bunch of people first, and found myself face to face with Bito, hahahaha. She was there to watch her sister, of course.


Anyway, the five of us then left the venue and headed to Starbucks for coffee. Hahaha, teased Sheryll about her photo with Romnick, hahaha! Hello! The names were so apt! Plus I think I spilled a bit of trivia about the business because apparently, these guys aren't really into the theater thing. They just went to watch because Ledi and her boyfriend Paolo got them free tickets, hahaha.



Lately I catch myself finding these good reasons to smile. I feel much better now, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. wow. wishing i.. wishing i.. wishing i was there with you. hey, you were really great as barbie. =) anyway, was it TONET, our TONET Jadaune, who bagged three awards? That's not new. Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, miss having you around, Mims. =)
    Yep, I think so. She's the only Tonet that I met through you guys, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! Quark liked you! mare, achievement yun! as in. promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grabeh, it really made me week. Ang laki ng smile ko in over a month! =)

    ReplyDelete