Monday, February 5, 2007

the week that was

It seems that I haven't blogged since I last posted that weird entry, ahehehe. Well, one reason is that my computer was kinda whacked since last week, so I couldn't really do much, and I'm too lazy to go to internet cafes.


So time for some highlights from the week that was.


Sunday, January 28


It was the last day of ZsaZsa Zaturnnah at CCP's Tanghalang Huseng Batute, and Tin, Peachy and Mish and I had all gotten tickets for it (thanks to Carlo!). Met up early with Peach and Tin, and went downstairs to the buffeteria to grab a bite to eat. Sure enough, some of the show's cast was already there. Got to talk to Lao about Dogeaters, yay. I sure hope he gets in it. Dedma yung isa, ahehehe. Gantihan lang.


Went back up to the lobby and fell in line for the show. Mish had finally arrived then, and we mingled a bit with Carlo, Zshali and her friends.


Per usual, the show was hilarious and amazing at the same time. Agot was that afternoon's Queen Femina, and had a different accent and attack for the role. Wenah played Dina B and was just as funny. BUT... Tuxqs' voice was going. Heard he was sick that day, and you can hear it in his voice. Waaaahhh... Tin and I both said, "Nahihirapan ako para kay Tuxqs." Aw. Vince ended up playing Ada for the evening show.


There wasn't the usual meet-and-greet by the cast after the matinee show, and Minette has said that they were already running late. By the time we were all standing in the lobby, only Joey was there, clad in his beauty queen attire. So what Tin, Peach, Mish and I decided to do was head over to the buff, ahehehe. Knowing I was with the clones, they won't give up unless they have a photo op with the cast. When we got through the double doors, there was this group of girls still surrounding Joey, and Arnold lurking in the corner talking to a couple of others. I managed to catch Arnold's eye, and got him to talk about how Jerald and Lao were invited to the Dogeaters script reading. As it turned out, he was the one who recommended them to Bobby. After a bit of small talk, I dragged him to where my friends were standing and introduced him to them. They finally got their photo op, but I persisted with my usual deal. They get their photo op as a group while I take the picture, but I get my solo with them, HAHAHA!


Didn't get to hang around much at the buff after that. We sat around with Zshali and her friends for a while, with a bit of chitchat with Joey. Jerald finally came by, but it was purely small talk about Dogeaters. Oh well. Peach and Mish suddenly had to leave by then, so Tin and I went up to the fourth floor to say hello to Betty, who was trying out for Cinemalaya. We waited until her turn was done, then we were off to Harbour Square. After they had their fill at Mang Inasal (I wasn't really in the mood to eat then), we went back to look for Zshali. She and her friends were at the artists entrance with Joey. We even managed to nab Arnold as well, who tried to persuade me to borrow a video of Rent from the office. Sorry dear, I can't do that without permission.



Wednesday, January 31


Met up with Nikki in Glorietta after work. Hahaha, found her shopping alone since the day before, and because it was the end of the month, I couldn't resist doing a little shopping myself. When we were done, we ended up with this whole conversation about friends in general. Nikki had this whole monologue for herself. It was amusing. I managed to learn a few more things I didn't know about Nix.



Thursday, February 1


I had no plans whatsoever that evening, until Anna messaged me about the open DTR of The Pretenders that very night. So off I went to the area as soon as I got off work, and killed some time in Starbucks. When it was a few minutes before open house, I made an exit from Starbucks.


I had no idea what I looked like while I was walking in Harbour Square back to CCP by my lonesome, but one annoying thing happened. This one Fil-Am guy stopped me and was trying to pick me up, using lines like "I'm hanging out with my friends, but I want to hang out with you," and "I saw you walking alone, and you looked pretty cute that I really wanted to meet you." Igh. I copied his accent and tried every excuse I could think off just to shake him off. So my last words before he could ask for my mobile number was "I really have to go somewhere. I'm sorry, you caught me at a bad time, and besides, I have a boyfriend." And exit, hahahaha.


The DTR, well, it was OK. One of the very first things that Sir Jethro had said was that the stage manager was new, and so I noticed that there were a whole bunch of late cues that I even caught Cris snapping while waiting for it during the show. But I have to say, Kalila is always spectacular. Never mind that it was just a DTR, she was still amazing in whatever role that she gets.



Saturday, February 3


Tad managed to put Tin and I on his guest list for the matinee show of The Pretenders that day because he was doing Roeder's roles, so the two of us were off to CCP again in the afternoon. Got to sit with Shing, Max and Chrome, and high school students were all around us. Rawr, the crowd was noisy, and there were lots of hecklers, specially in the row behind us. Que annoying.


Back to the buff for Tin and me with Shing, Max, Chrome and Lao, and Tad and Joel joined us as well. Talked about DOT, AC, and Lao telling me to go back to school so I can finally try out for AC. Hahaha.


After that, we all dispersed. Tin and I settled at Starbucks and I just had to share a bit of my story that I hadn't told her before. Her reaction was priceless, hahahaha!



Sunday, February 4


Pasinaya! It was the day of the CCP Open House Festival. Zshali, Carlo and I had agreed to meet by 11 in the morning, but Carlo ended up sleeping in, and Zshali didn't arrive until about an hour later. Anyway, by the time I arrived at CCP, the place was crowded, and that was only at the entrance. There were more crowds by the time I reached the lobby. Mingled with Dominique for a while, then I got so frustrated by the crowd that I went directly to the Conference Hall early to catch the first show of Nicco, Nar and Leo as the Balangaw Ensemble. I got there a little too early and managed to catch a lady perform a beautiful piece on the piano. I forgot her name, Dr. something. Rawr. My apologies.


We were asked to leave the venue for a while then were let in a few minutes afterwards for the Balangaw Ensemble's show. Those boys were hilarious as always. Ever since I first saw them perform together in Bakeretta, I've been quite the fan. What were their names again? Donald, Daffy and Dicky/Dickies? Labo naman kasi magpakilala ni Nicco ng names nila eh!


After the show, I left CCP for a while and met up with Zshali and her sister Joyce/Dupsie at Starbucks. Carlo arrived a few minutes after I did, along with his sister Micah. As it turned out, he had also already seen The Pretenders, and we suddenly wrecked this whole surprise for Zshali, hahaha! Then we went back to CCP together for Balangaw's 2nd show. Managed to find Nikki in the totally crowded LT lobby, and I brought her along with me. Wheee, we were quite the happy bunch while waiting in line (we were the first!) for the show.


We didn't really have a plan as to what to do next, so we went back up to the LT lobby. Remus joined our happy bunch, and then we decided to head back to the Conference Hall for this monologue called Puso ng Bading by Lawrence Cruz. He was funny! I loved him because of how animated he was. I wish I could pull off a funny monologue like that.


Our happy group then got separated after that. Zshali and Joyce had finally decided to watch The Pretenders at 3pm, Carlo and Micah suddenly disappeared, and Nikki, Remus and I were starving so our trio headed for Teriyaki Boy for food. Tin managed to catch up, and by the time we were done, we returned to CCP and decided to watch this ventriloquist called Ony Carcamo. With him was his monkey puppet named Ding-Dong. Ang kulit! I specially loved how Ony "threw" his voice into a glass. After throwing the word "hello" about a couple of times, he then said "Severe acute respiratory syndrome" into it, when he removed his hand from the glass, it just said "SARS" in a small voice, HAHAHAHAHA! He also did that ping-pong thing that Myke always does in gigs, so it wasn't all that new to me. Hehe, Remus even figured out with consonants Ony used as substitutes for others.


We filed out of the venue and lined up again for Reuben Laurente's show. Nar was in line ahead of us, so all five of us sat together. Nyahaha, when Reuben was giving out posters near the end of his set, Nar suddenly asked for free CDs, and the lucky duck managed to nab one, hahahaha!


Nikki and Remus had to leave after the show, but Tin and I stayed in the LT lobby to wait for Zshali and Joyce. Hehe, we had planned to wait for the LT audience and join the cast in line when they do the meet-and-greet thing. The moment the cast had filed out of the theater, Tin and I stood next to Wenah and did the whole "thank you for watching" as well, wahahahahaha!


Ay, eto lang. May nagsabi ang isa na pupunta ng Pasinaya. Nagpaalam pa talaga na may kasama. "Gusto ko lang malaman mo baka kasi makita mo ako if ever nasa Pasinaya ka." Aba, bakit parang guilty agad? Tapos nung nagpakita nga, dedma pa rin. Tapos biglang naglaho ng walang paalam? Ang rude naman nun.


Anyway, by then Zshali and Joyce had to go home, so after saying hello to some of the cast of Pretenders at the artists entrance, we dispersed once again. Tin and I ended up back in Starbucks for a while, just talking. I was in denial of something, nyahahaha. But of course, I couldn't keep anything from Tin. Thanks loads for everything, Tin.


This post is long enough, hahaha. I guess I made up for all that lost internet time, ahehehe.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting...kaka-aliw ka rin. Very comprehensive. May background pa pala ung kwento mo sakin kanina sa IM eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, bilib naman ako sa iyo at napagtiyagaan mong basahin yung entry na ito maski mahaba. Abridged version pa yung nakwento ko sa iyo kanina, hehehe. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahahahahahaha. ang drama!
    uy, nag enjoy naman ako basahin. uy, alam mo kilala ko si Rueben Laurente, nagpakilala sya sakin dati. as in, seryoso! sya ang nagpakilala sakin. nakakatuwa. ang bait nya. sayang di ko napanood yung show nya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss ccp... i'm definitely missing a hell lot of events. and i'm sure i'll be missing more. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss ka na namin, Mimay. Miss ka na rin ng CCP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahehehe, mas madalas na yata ang drama since may isang taong dumating sa buhay ko.
    Oooh, nakasama ko na sa isang concert si Reuben... 3 years ago pa yun, hahaha! OJT lang kami nun, concert ni Anna Fegi and isa sya sa mga guest. Since wala syang magawa backstage, chinichika nya kaming lahat habang nakatambay sa labas ng dressing room nya that he shared with Nyoy, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oo nga eh. ang bait nya no? machika! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete