Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Pretenders... again??

Thanks to Carlo, I got to watch The Pretenders for the 3rd time. Because Nikki hadn't seen it yet, I managed to get her to join me.


I had to pass by Kuya Roger's place in Malate (which is actually just a block away from Penguin, hahaha) to have some pants refitted, then off I went to CCP. Nix was coming all the way from Espana then, but to my surprise, she had arrived in CCP (in the ladies room) before I did.


But before I found Nikki, I just had to get annoyed with the guards at the entrance. I stopped at the inspection check point, and then one of them had asked me where I was going.


"Little Theater," I said.
"Manonood po kayo ng show?" the guard behind the table asked.
Malamang, I almost said, but said yes instead.
"May ticket na po kayo?" he asked.
"Kukunin pa lang," I replied.
"Mamaya na po kayo pumasok, ma'am. Sarado pa ang box office."
"Teka, hindi, nasa kasama ko yung ticket. Nasa loob na sya."
"Sino po? Sa artista ba po? May contact na kayo sa loob?"
Why the hell won't these guards let me in? Jeez. "Hindi po. Nasa loob na nga yung kasama ko." Leche, ang kulit nyo," I wanted to add. But instead, I insisted and took a couple of steps inside. Then the other guard just had to inspect my bag a little too much. Hello, I didn't bring a camera, but if I did, I wouldn't be dumb enough to show it and leave it there with those two. Anyway, after that, they finally let me in. And just in time for the box office to open, so I said, "Niloloko naman ako eh, bukas na ang box office eh, leche," loud enough for them to hear.


I don't know what was up with those two guards. Or they might be new.


So anyway, found Nikki at the ladies room, and because Tin was at Harbour Square, she joined us as well. We soon found Carlo and his sister Micah, along with Micah's classmate Pam(?) in the lobby. Because we were early, we just hung around, and Tin even deliberated with herself whether she was going to watch the play again using her subscriber's pass. She ended up watching with us.


Hehehe, close na daw kami ni Paolo. When they overheard that I was working with Atlantis and he wanted to try out for Avenue Q, friends na daw kami, hahaha! What a switch! And to think that I'm planning to try out for Tanghalang Pilipino, ahehehe.


Having seen the play at least once before, we couldn't help but notice all the changes, hahaha. That's the funny part when we watch. Sometimes we get too involved with technicals, that we end up not paying close attention to everything else. My golly, those songs that Wenah sings. I can't seem to get them out of my head, hahaha.


I've been way too lazy to critique everything I've seen lately. Rawr.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, talagang na-search ko pa yung lyrics ng "To You, Sweetheart, Aloha" dahil kay Wenah. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ako, dinownload ko pa...pero the best pa rin ang version ni Wenah! LSS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! Na-download ko na! Yung lyrics na-post ko na in my next entry, ahehehe. Grabeng LSS ito. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahah! Amor amor na lang ang di ko pa rin mahanap! Nuod uli tyo ng last show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaah, di ako pwede sa closing show. Manonood ako ng High School Musical ng Blue Rep that day. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha!!! pati ung lines ni romnick about ben and carmen villa! =)) taft->pasay->motel =p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oo nga, hahaha. Lahat pinansin talaga. =P

    ReplyDelete