Thursday, February 8, 2007

reading a script

Spent this afternoon at PETA's theater center for the Dogeaters script reading. I was actually kinda excited about getting to go to the reading, because I've always wanted to hear the play out loud. I've read the entire play out loud once in the office while we were spellchecking the script that I had retyped, but of course, that wasn't the same. Listening to a group of actors read the lines was totally different.


So off we went. Watched as the actors trickled into the room one by one, being greeted by our dear director once they arrived at the door. While I was checking to see if we were all complete, I was asked the same thing and almost heard that late daw ang mga taga-TP, ahehehe. Tama ba naman yun? And this one guy who claims that he's just a "hampaslupang aktor" just had to make quite the entrance by coming in last, late pa.


Anyway, what I noticed as they went around the circle introducing themselves along with what roles they were reading was that all these people came from different groups, different theater companies. Such a diverse crowd. Very interesting. I like it.


So on with the reading. I followed the script along with them, and I noticed lines that were actually funny when they're interpreted by the other actors. Sometimes I'd just sit there and listen in awe, or in admiration, or in amusement.


Hehehe, shoutout to Bea. Ayan ha, wahahahaha.


I can't wait for the final casting and the actual show itself. The material's already pretty good.



So OK, it was weird. Things are different. Actions were different. Everything. I pretended that things were OK. I looked fine, right? Except for that brief moment in Studio A, ahahaha. I was still smiling, but inside, I wanted to do something. I have no idea what, but I don't want to pretend that I was alright. Argh.

8 comments:

  1. I think I know what happened in Studio A, lolz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyahahaha, not what you think, dear. =P Masarap palang sumuntok amidst a time na you're showing to the whole world that you're OK when you're not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. madadagdagan ang kwentosss! sana ok ka naman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. uhm, so how come you know what i was thinking :P amishuuu... you'll be fine =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naku, baka maghapon at magdamag na ang kwentuhan na ito! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahehehe, just a hunch? =P Tama ka nga when you said what you told me before. Tell you another time.
    Miss you too, Mims.

    ReplyDelete