Friday, February 8, 2008

An afternoon like the good old days

I got to spend yesterday afternoon in ATC with Drei, as we were both bored out of our minds. Plus he needed to vent out a little frustration, hahaha. What's new, among our little triumvirate, I was always the one listening while he and Nicco did the talking.

It was the usual routine back when we used to hang out before. After walking for a while and figuring out what to do, we ended up at the cinemas, and watched The Mist. Even though I'm such a coward, and we even dubbed ourselves "the Prune Gang" before because all of us just curled up in our seats in fear during really scary movies, we just decided to watch this supposedly good suspense thriller of a movie. Before the movie began, we asked each other, "Did you read the book?" Nope. Okay.

Argh, it was O-kay. The only frustrating part of it was the ending. Argh. Double argh. The lead character was just moments away from a good thing when he blew everything to pieces. Oh well.

So Drei and I decided to drown our frustrations somewhere else. Obviously, Timezone, hahaha. I had a go at Percussion Master (hard mode, baby!), and I liked this machine better than the one in Glorietta because you can play 3 songs instead of just 2, hehe. We walked around the area when we saw this new game just near the Deal or No Deal machine. It looked somewhat like Dance Dance Revolution, but it looked more like a kiddie game because the playing area only had 3 spots all next to each other to step on. What was the game called? Dance 86.4 Funky Radio Station. Hahahaha! So I decided to give it a go. I'm all for obscure games that hardly anyone plays. It was actually fun! So I made another go for it, this time with Drei. And at the end of both songs, there was a mini-game so whoever lost among either of the two can get more points. Stomp away! Hahahaha! It was so hilarious that we played a couple more rounds. And one of the songs was actually the theme song of Sailor Moon!

Hahaha, that game put our minds off The Mist's lousy ending for a while.

We then retreated to Starbucks and talked. First off was what was bugging Drei after ranting to me the night before. Then we segued and talked about his "Joey" moments, and how I also had one of those moments. Missing the old crowd. How everyone else is now. All that stuff. Even though all of us are happy with our own lives, I also do miss the good old days.

Oh well. That's life.

To add to that, I had to come home and listen to... well, that. But I guess that's also life. You know I love you, love.

Meeting Rosa tomorrow to help her shop for a dress to wear to Trina's wedding. Maybe I can find a little something for myself as well, hehehe.

8 comments:

  1. We saw One Missed Call last night. I was shaking because it's cold, Drei was shaking because he was scared. Little drei. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep!!! one of the original PRUNE gang!!! nyahahahah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Prune positions talaga eh! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. plan on watching "The Eye" later... solo flight ulit... prune solo. hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, a lone prune. =P DI kaya ng powers ko watching films like that alone, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. too bad i couldn't watch it yesterday... planning on watching it today... hmmmmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete