Friday, February 8, 2008

We'll miss you, Bro. Felix

Bro. Felix Masson, FSC, had passed away last February 5th, 2008. May his soul rest in peace.

I had already met Bro. Felix during my first year in De La Salle Zobel, back when I was in junior prep. I knew him all throughout my years in that school, right on until I had graduated from high school. He seemed to know everyone's name, and most especially, everyone's birthdays. It seemed like you wouldn't have the complete Zobel experience back then, if you weren't called to Bro. Felix's office every year on the day of your birthday (if not the day before). Going to his office was one of my favorite excuses to get out of class even just for a while. There would be the usual chit-chat, from small talk to whatever you can think of under the sun. The years after my uncle had resigned from his principal post, Bro. Felix would always ask how my uncle was doing, as well as my aunt. Then of course, at the end of our conversations, he would then let me pick a stampita (those little card photos of saints that would sometimes have short prayers written in the back) of my choice as a birthday gift. Iam had written in her blog that she would always pick those shimmery gold cards. I had a theme myself, being a December baby, and would always look for the card with the best illustration of the Nativity.

It seems that Bro. Felix's office table looked the same. There would always be the stampitas facing you, carefully arranged to give you a good view of all of them. On his side of the table, there would always be his planner, opened to your birthdate, with your name scribbled on it.

Of course, aside from the annual birthday visit, some of my friends and I would still come by his office during recess and lunch breaks, playing Triominoes. Hahaha, we would always stifle our laughs to small chuckles because of the way he would always say "BAH-likTAD." Then whenever we would cross each other's paths in the corridors, he would always try to crack a joke. In junior year, he kept saying, "Look what beautiful seniors we'll have next year... if you don't come back, Miss CAD-luhm." He always seems to have a standard joke for a particular person or group of people, hahaha.

We believed he was immortal, because it seemed that he would always grace the halls of Zobel. Yes, he is immortal, specially here in our hearts.

Rest in peace, Bro. Felix. We'll surely miss you.

2 comments:

  1. isnt there a mass for the alumni? i mean, meron daw nung friday sa zobel, but you know, as much as we'd like to cut class and all... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea. Wala naman akong nababalitaan. =(

    ReplyDelete