Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mini-reunion with some JATD-slash-CLOKWorx friends

The subject title was either that or "Andrei's Coffee Cup, Episode 3." Ew, nah, that sounds kind of corny, haha.

I got a text the night before from Nikki, asking if a bunch of us could meet up at ATC with Ferson for lunch. Had prior commitments due to the plain fact that it was a Monday even though it was a holiday. Then when plans had changed, I called Nix when I woke up and decided that we still meet up. Ferson was going to catch up, as he and his sister Cecile were dorm-hunting. Texted Drei, as he was always in the mood for hanging out, and said he'll catch up as well.

Nix arrived an hour later than our agreed time (hahaha), then headed to Cibo for some pizza and pasta fix. Good food and crazy conversations, but hey, at least I picked up a few good tips, hahaha! Then we just went around the mall, window-shopped, and when we reached the 3rd level of the mall, Nikki decided to inquire about having photos taken at Picture Company.

While we were still standing outside the shop as Nikki checked out the pop-art photo concept that PC had, I noticed that the girl at the counter looked pretty familiar, then I dismissed it. Then Nikki decided to go inside to ask about the photos, and we got to talk to one of the girls who entertained us for a while, then left almost immediately. Hahaha, Nikki had this curious question about a friend of her ex, but was too shy to ask, so I turned to the familiar-looking girl and asked for her. Retired, she said, in this high-pitched kolehiyala voice that I hear from almost every girl I see in this part of town, most specifically in this mall. (My high school friends and I have this theory that only kids from Alabang acquire this particular speech pattern and accent.) Anyway, I suddenly realized that the "counter girl" was one of the chorus orphan kids that I used to hang out with during the old days of Oliver, hahaha! I remember that we even sometimes used to eat lunch together with our mixed crowd during Saturday rehearsals, when we had the entire school to ourselves.

Aw, I suddenly missed those days. I remember that I looked up to Marnie Arcilla as a role-model, because I was a newbie to the theater world. I was intimidated by her, even though I've heard about her all throughout my grade school days because she was a friend of my brother's. I also remembered being cursed at by the infamous Tony Espejo (as he yelled using a microphone) along with a small group of kids during one scene.

Okay, that's enough reminiscing.

Anyway, after that, I introduced Nikki to the dance machine that Drei and I got addicted to in that particular Timezone branch. Hehehe. Then we finally met up with Ferson (with sister Cecile in tow), and we got to chat a little at Food Choices before they had to leave about an hour after they had arrived. Apparently, Ferson had texted almost everyone from their workshop class from 4 years ago, and from JATD and CLOKWorx as well. So we gave him a little update on a few of the people he had asked about. Tough to keep in touch with them lately. *sigh*

Iam and Ge happened to be there as well, on the search for pichi-pichi for her mom and her mom's friends. Their quest ended when they found this stall conveniently next to the table we were sitting at, hahahaha!

After saying goodbye to Iam and Ge, Nix and I went straight to Starbucks, as Drei had texted that he was already nearing ATC. Hahaha, one of Drei's first greetings to Nikki was "Welcome to my show." Whee, his sitcom acquired a new guest star! Chitchat here and there over coffee, and even recalled the crazy Joseph days.

All together now. "Oh no! Not he! How you can accuse him is a mystery! ... La-la-la-la la la la-la..." HAHAHAHA! Nikki's improvised dance steps in "One More Angel." Wahehehe.

Then I challenged Drei to a rematch on that darn dance machine. Best out of 3 rounds. We were tied after the second round, but I lost to Drei by the 3rd. But hey, at least I can now do the faster songs, yay! Hahaha, I was sweating like crazy because of those "mini-games" that help equalize the match.

I missed these people. Hope I get to see more of them next month, as we had already set a date to meet. I'm so grateful for friends like Nix, Drei and Son who manage to stay despite hassles of time and distance. I love you, guys.

It's the 26th. Exactly a couple of years ago, one out of some crazy ideas was born over coffee. Defunct? Both of you are keepers, rare gems in my treasure trove of precious friends. Well, it's up to you guys to decide on that. But even though we can't really turn back time, I just miss the way things used to be. Nah, maybe I'm just getting too sentimental.

More importantly, it's the 5th month, teeheehee. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment