Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Watching Last Order sa Penguin, and shoot of Ikalawang Tagpo and Hubad

Slept until 1pm, and I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep. These past few days had gone by with getting much zzz's. Time for a long update. Good luck to those who plan to read this, hahaha.

Didn't watch EJ's opening night last Friday, as I had promised Ola and Opa that I'd watch Last Order sa Penguin that night... all the way at Kublai's in Katipunan! Hahaha, superfriend mode, as I went there alone to watch. Was supposed to meet with Maika somewhere in the area, but she wasn't replying, so I met up with Ria. Late lunch at McDo and killed time at Starbucks before we headed for the venue, where we killed even more time.

Sat with Ria T and her friend during the show. Hahaha, I finally got to watch the play after reading the book several times already. I still can't get over that jologs monolgue, one of my favorites. My golly, Ola, napagod ako para sa iyo during Act 1 as Sang, because her character never talked during the entire act, and just hung on to Nicco's arm (who played Mario) and laughed along with the rest of the cast. Speaking of which, Mario's monologue is the one part I didn't really get to appreciate much of (Sorry, Tuxqs), because whenever the party people entered, they made to much noise for Nicco to be understood, and their movements were quite distracting. Well, but maybe that's the whole point of it? And it was a nice touch when Edwin kept trying to check out Sang right on until their goodbyes, hahaha. And I just love Sweet's character! He's one of my favorites (other than the biased ones, hahaha).

Congrats, baby bro! Even though this is the 3rd time you played a druggie, hahaha.

Late Saturday morning, Tad and I first went to DLSU for a reading of a film thesis, then headed to CCP after lunch. Bummed around until he had to go to the LT dressing room to get ready for EJ's matinee, then I headed to the lobby to hang out at the front-of-house. Hehehe, I got to watch the first act (with Riki opening as EdJop) before going to GSP to meet with Mimay for a rehearsal of her thesis.

Evening was spent in the GSP theater with Mimay, Jenny, Dohna, Ayn and Asta. Load-in of the couch and Asta fixed the curtains to get ready for an early set up in the morning, then Mimay, Dohna and I blocked Jenny's scenes with me standing in for Sir Noel.

Slept over at Mimay's, then woke up at around 3:45 in the morning to get ready, as Dohna was picking us up at Jollibee. When we arrived at GSP, the PD team still had to set up, so I managed to take a little power nap as they did so.

I lost track of time when we started shooting, because the words "time check" became more like a quip than a real time check, hahaha. Jenny was pretty much a dream to work with, as she easily nailed almost every scene.

Jenny: Ayoko nang maging artista. Gusto ko na lang maging scientist.
HAHAHAHA!

Jenny was so quotable. Her "magaling, magaling" quote was a favorite of Dohna's and mine, wahehehe.

Sir Noel arrived after lunch, and we helped him with his blocking before we started shooting right away. Hahaha, ano ba ako, script continuity or stage manager? 2nd AD naman daw, sabi ni Dohna, hahaha! Nyak.

Thank goodness there was sponsored junk food, and the company of good friends. Otherwise, I wouldn't have enjoyed the shoot. Thank you, chocolate mallows, hahaha.

Just like to thank Sir Noel Trinidad for being part of Mimay's and Aby's thesis, and to Joel (of course, for the contact of his dad), and to Tito Mario O'Hara for the recommendation.

We were super delayed, as we had finished shooting 2 hours later than what was scheduled. We quickly had our late dinner, packed up, and headed to Paranaque to Carmela's house for the 2nd part of the shoot.

Got kinda lost in the script continuity the entire time at Carmi's house, because they just started shooting without any ID's. Oh well. When we were finally done at 4 in the morning, I quickly tried to take another power nap in the room where Jenny and Carmi were as the people started packing up and putting all the furniture back where they were before. By the time everyone was ready to go, I decided to get dropped off as they exit the service road and I can just grab a bus. Then a last minute decision, I ended up staying at Carmi's and sleep, so I can have a safer trip home when the sun's up.

By the time I woke up and got ready to leave, Carmi was still asleep, so I just sent her a text message that I was leaving, and let myself out. Had the mistake of boarding a jeep headed to Alabang along the service road, so it took me an uber-long time to get home. When I arrived home, I just had a quick lunch, fixed my stuff, took a bath, then headed out the door for some quality time with Tad before we went to Penguin in the evening for the Hubad shoot.

By the time we arrived at Penguin at exactly 6pm, Chrome was the only one from AC there, sitting with Ms Tess and Ms Denisa. Grabbed some food while we waited for the others. Yay, free food and drinks, hahaha!

The rest of the AC started trickling in, and Ms Denisa started casting a few of them (Tad, Chrome, Marj and Tara) to be in a scene with Sir Nonie as the rest of us just hung around. Hahaha, Tara as Lolita, the waitress with an attitude. Kinarir ang pagiging waitress. As we waited, Anna was talking to Nicco about getting him as Nanic's prom date, hahaha! Back to high school for Nicco, as we hyped him up for it (hehe, Nanic has had a crush on him ever since she saw her in Palanca on My Mind). Then the conversation shifted to uhm, dating in particular, as Kat and Jen got curious, so did I, hahaha.

When it was time for Mike Unson's stand-up comedy routine, there we go. There was the actors' table, and there was Tanghalang Pilipino's table, hahaha. Almost all girls (Anna, Jen, Kat, Martha and me), except for Nicco and CJ, with Jerald at the bar. More drinks were served, yahoo.

My golly, I just have to say this, I didn't notice until later that it was Peque Gallaga sitting at the next table. Hahahaha! Oh my oh my oh my. My being starstruck got delayed as we were all minding our own business, specially when there's food and drinks involved.

More waiting, more food, more drinking. Got to talk to CJ about the lifespan of music careers (hahaha), and John-john showed his card trick prowess. More talk of "The Secret" from Jerald. And more chicken wings to chow on, hahahahaha!

Nar had brought his guitar with him, because one scene involved scat-raps of TP. Yes, their infamous improv singing, hahaha. We did one rehearsal, and even though it went pretty well, the song wasn't about the subject, hahahaha! TP was divided into 3 groups, and Nicco, Wenah, Russ and I were then dubbed as the "pillow people" because we had to stay with the big pillows, ahehe. And Russ just had to ask permission from Tad to hold my hand as we entered, hahaha! Then dancing time! But I just had to make a French exit from out of the frame along with the rest of the pillow people, hahaha! Dirty dancing daw eh! I don't even dance, I just move to the beat, hahahaha.

Stayed inside until Sir Dennis' entrance in the scene, then they got some coverage of the band (Radioactive Sago Project?). We were allowed to leave then, and as we started saying our goodbyes, Peque Gallaga approached each of us and shook our hands, thanking us. Holy kamote, more starstruck moments as I shook THE Peque Gallaga's hand. Huwaw.

Now I'm sleepy again. Want to catch up on more sleep, but when I lie down, I'm not sleepy anymore. Arg.

Wahahaha, my browser hung for a while, and because I hadn't saved this entry, I thought I lost it for good. And to think this is long enough already. *relief* Lesson learned. Copy, paste.

And to those who had managed to read this entire thing, I salute you, hahahaha!

24 comments:

  1. I read itttt. Yay!
    Wait, no tales of our post-Penguin adventure? Boo. :P
    Hahaha, Nar was at our cast party-in which Nicco sang, woohoo! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogi, thank you for watching! awaaw nagiisa talagang pumunta at nanuod! wala akong masabi...hahaha.

    Mastering the Art of Stillness ika nga ni sir Tuxqs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Congrats, Ola! Sabi ko sa iyo na promise kong papanoorin kita eh, may kasama man o wala, hehehe. =)

    Art of Stillness, panalo, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nagfi-feeling superfriend ako ulit, hehehe. Masaya naman ang show eh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Speaking of which, Mario's monologue is the one part I didn't really get to appreciate much of (Sorry, Tuxqs), because whenever the party people entered, they made to much noise for Nicco to be understood, and their movements were quite distracting."

    uhm. i dont know if nagplaytime sila but its supposed to be quiet whenever nicco says his lines except for some key lines when they are supposed to echo nicco like, "life is good," "higher," etc....:) too bad. but its supposed to be a rave party naman talaga.:) even in the original staging, party talaga ang feeling dapat and mario is supposed to shout at the top of his lungs because thats what we do when there is a partee!hehehhehe(jinustify ko talaga!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, at least na-justify mo. =) Maybe nag-playtime sila because you weren't there? Hehe. Natatakpan na kasi si Mario so mahirap siyang hanapin dun. Ayus lang yung maingay nga sa "Life is good," but na-drown out na siya at some part, ahehe.

    Pero masaya yung prod, and I enjoyed the show. Hahaha, wanted to audition for this nga eh. Congrats, Tuxqs! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for watching! nuod ka ng Orosman at Zafira!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for watching! nuod ka ng Orosman at Zafira!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natapos ko! *clap clap clap* Nabitin ang kwento mo sa YM kanina, eto pala ang buo! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sure ba! =) Til when ulit ang OZ? Pa-guest naman diyan, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Busy-busihan ka kasi dahil sa boss mo eh, hahaha! Ang tiyaga mo magbasa! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Naaaliw kasi ako sa kwento mo, ang detailed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. me too, i read the whole thing! grabe, di ka na pala natulog after mo manggaling sa bahay ko, kala ko matutulog ka muna. it was really great seeing you again hoges! kahit na inalaska niyo ang pag-knife ko at ang boobs ko, waha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, dapat nga matutulog ako pagdating ko sa bahay, until I realized na mali ang sakay ko. I should've taken a jeep to SM then a bus para mabilis. Pinagtiyagaan ko ang service road! Rawr.
    Great seeing you again, Carmi! Nakaka-miss ka talaga. Bakit ko kaya pinagtripan ang pag-knife at boobs mo, hahahahahahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ei Hogi. How did you find EJ? I'll keep my mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I can't really comment yet, because so far, I had only seen a lousy rehearsal of its 3rd act, and a so-so performance of the 1st act last weekend. Hahaha, I'll let you know after I watch a real show this Friday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sige... What a play to close the 21st season. How sad.

    ReplyDelete