Friday, February 29, 2008

Trip to UP for Orosman at Zafira

Last Wednesday evening, I got a text message from my friend Eika (whose new number didn't register on my phone) saying that she has complimentary tickets to Orosman at Zafira's Thursday evening show. I was dying to watch that show, so I asked Eika how many tickets she was willing to allot for me. At the same time, I was texting Tad if he wanted to watch it.

Tad wasn't replying yet, as he probably didn't have any more credits in his phone, but Eika had said that I can have up to 6 tickets. Then I suddenly got a text from Tara, also asking if I was doing anything yet the following night. Since Tad hadn't replied yet, I said I wasn't doing anything yet. As it turned out, she and Martha were planning to go to The Dawn's gig at Greenbelt 2 that night. I considered it for a while, specially because of the fact that it was a closer venue than UP.

Tad and I ended up going to UP instead of Greenbelt, with Chrome and Riki, and I managed to grab extra tickets for Mimay and Asta, because I owe Mimay her thesis film's dope sheet. We decided, hey, Orosman at Zafira's only running for a short period of time. The Dawn's part of EJ anyway, so we get to see them a lot. Haha, Tara ended up joining us, as Martha decided to watch Romance in D with Nicco (whom I also texted if he wanted to watch Orosman, but was already set to go to the Rep show) and a bunch of others.

Decided to meet with the group at Quezon Avenue's MRT station. It took half an hour, so I spent the time devouring what the station's food stalls can offer, hahaha! I got a couple of waffle dogs, a hot dog sandwich, and some kikiam. Hey, we don't have to spend much to fill up our stomach, hahaha.

The show was great! They've got an amazing cast, and they even got a powerful ensemble. My favorite were the stylized fight scenes which were so well choreographed. Heck, if they did choreograph a real fight scene on that stage with that many people, it would look crazy and too "staged". And unfortunately for the leads, because the koro was equally good, they got drowned out whenever the ensemble was onstage. Only two lead actors, Roeder and Judith, managed to stand out. Ahehe, I have to admit, it was my first time to watch Felix and Red in a play that's purely Filipino, and to think that this is a play by THE Francisco Baltazar. Hehe, our first comment before the show began was that the stage design looked familiar, as Tuxqs had designed it. It reminded Tara, Tad and I of his set design of last season's The Pretenders.

It was great to see a lot of people again. Henry and Sir Jed were also there and sat with us. RJ also came to watch, and Jo-an was there with some guy friends. Sir Dennis also came to watch the show (Mara was in the ensemble, by the by). I also saw a bunch of people from Trumpets to support Red. It was nice to see June Vee again, and little Sam was not-so-little Sam now ever since he bloomed after The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and his Little Big Star days (yes, it's been ages since we personally saw each other).

Now that was a good show worth watching despite how far I had to travel, hahahaha! (Parang probinsiya ang layo para sa akin, hahaha!) Thanks to Eika for the tickets!

4 comments:

  1. Gah, I'm dying to watch Orosman! Other than supporting Sir Tuxqs (obviously, haha) it sounds fantastic...and hello, Felix Rivera. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go watch na! They just extended to run until next weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maraming maraming salamat sa panonood ng oz! hindi pa kita namemeet pero nasa multiply kita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, di pa nga tayo nagmeet but we do have a lot of common friends. Congrats on a great show! Nice to hear that it's running for another weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete