Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On the Gossip Girl TV series

A lot people have been watching Gossip Girl since it first aired, and half the people I know had already downloaded all its episodes so far. I never really got around to downloading the series, plus the fact that I'm still on slow dial-up (hahaha), so I only got to watch its first episode yesterday when it aired on ETC.

I was a big fan of the book series, so I have to admit that I was pretty excited about finally watching it. But I guess I had a lot of expectations, so I was kind of disappointed at what I saw. Hahaha. No offense, they did make some pretty good new twists to some of the characters' storylines, but I guess I still prefer the book series. Dan and Jenny's dad is in a rock band instead of a beat poet? Serena brother Eric is actually younger than her and is in an institution instead of being the older one in college? Chuck and Blair have a little love affair? But it's pretty interesting to see that they made a little twist between Lily Van der Woodsen and Rufus Humphrey.  Well, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Maybe I'll watch a few more episodes. Who knows, it's kind of refreshing as well.

Ignore me, I'm bored, hahaha.

14 comments:

  1. hahaha i like the book better too! too bad that the book series has reached its end na din! hehehe GG season 1 is finished na din. i hope they come up with a second season even with the on going strike..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have no idea that the book series reached its end na. What was the title of the last 2 books ba? Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there would still be gossip girl books but this coming may there would be a new set f characters na. so different story na siya. sila blair and serena graduated na kasi that's why the author is changing the characters na! heheh last 2 books are dont you forget about me and it had to be you

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's pretty slow at the beginning but picks up after a few episodes. keep watching. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayun, I only got to read until "Would I Lie To You" pa lang, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never read the books, haven't seen the series. Nakakatamad magdownload, bibili na lang ako ng dibidi. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, tipid ako eh. Read the books in Powerbooks, hehe. Hirap namang magdownload. Dial-up baby ako forever, wahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parang the book plots sound better. Hehe. I must say, the TV show is a guilty pleasure. I hate the styling, though...and the guys' hairdos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may be biased, but I prefer the books more. But we'll see. Who knows, I might get hooked. =)
    Hahahaha, I know, what's with those hairdos?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Yesterday was the pilot ep? Dinedma ko mare. Kasi ayoko manood ng series pag di ko nasimulan! Hala! Gusto ko pa naman mapanood yun kasi maganda raw sabi ni Micah. May replay naman siguro no? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nung Thursday yung premiere ng GG sa ETC. Hahaha, pareho tayo, ayoko rin manood pag di ko nasimulan. Pero may mga replays naman yan within the week eh. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, hopefully I'll stick to it. =)

    ReplyDelete