Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Backlog: EJ weekend

Backlog, hahaha.

Saw EJ twice this past weekend. I hadn't seen a "real" show before that, hahaha. I was supposed to watch on Friday, because it was the first Jett/Ricky show, but I wasn't feeling well, so I decided to pass.

Iam and Ge had decided to watch on Saturday evening, so I went to CCP to watch with them. Arrived during the matinee show, and killed time hanging out with Paulo and Opa in the conference room while Pau played the piano, with pieces ranging from classical and baroque to Broadway and pop, hahaha.

After the matinee, I went with Opa, Nicco, Russ and Olive to Yolanda's to eat, and I just listened to them ramble on about various things. Hahaha, yeah, just that. I have to admit, I sort of felt out of place. But hey, I was just killing time, anyway. It's better to have company, hahaha.

But here's some good news. Nicco plans to finally turn Kopihaus # 8 into a play! Good luck with that, baby bro!

Snuck inside the dressing room for a while to say hello to Tad and to borrow his jacket, ahehehe. Found him conked out in one corner of the room, taking a nap. Aw, poor dear was tired and lacking sleep. Sorry I woke you. Anyway, when I returned to the lobby, there was quite a number of them bumming around on the carpet. Aside from Nicco, Opa, Russ and Olive, there was also Anna and Jen, then Kat, Jerald and even Tatang was there. Hahaha, a lot of people came for the freebie! I even saw Mikki with Shing and Max.

Iam and Ge arrived 3 minutes before the show started. Hahaha, OK, I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Iam had asked if the play was based on a true story. O_o Hahaha! What kind of 80's babies were we?

I have to admit, the play wasn't really all that consistent. The play was initially written as a straight play, not a musical, so it was quite an effort as to where the songs could possibly be slipped in. Jun Yango was the narrator for most parts, but then suddenly the characters of Precious Javier and Joy Jopson and even others also narrate, specially in the 2nd and 3rd act. I think the only consistence I found were the mannerisms of some of the ensemble actors, which isn't really much of a good thing.

OK, before anyone would start reacting violently, I don't really have to put a disclaimer that this is just a matter of opinion, as this is a personal blog, right?

After the show, Iam, Ge and I had dinner at Dencio's, as Iam had a craving for sabaw, and upon hearing the name of the alternate band that played, we also ordered sisig, hehe. Tad didn't get to join us because he was tired enough as it is (plus he was a little upset that he might be removed in one scene), so I had to keep his jacket for the night.

Rosa didn't get to watch that night because it was Trina's wedding, so she decided to watch on Sunday. Met up with her at Pancake House for an early dinner as she retold me the events of the wedding, including photo that she recreated (that I plan to recreate as well later this afternoon, hahaha).

After eating, I decided to drop by the dressing room to drop off Tad's jacket along with a couple of bottles of Gatorade. But I didn't find him anywhere, so I texted him that I left his jacket plus a little something in their dressing room. As it turned out, he was pretty much upset about being removed in a couple of scenes without any explanation, but maybe because he was told that he stood out too much in the crowd. I didn't quite understand why it had to be done as well, but there's nothing we can do with the decision of the powers that be. Aw.

Then we moved to Starbucks and settled on my favorite corner. Interesting talk, and was that Nicco's name I keep hearing at the next table? Hahaha, Nar, Martha and Kat happened to be there, and Nar had asked me how Nicco was. Weird, why ask me when I hardly get to see him anymore? Uy, Nicco, pinag-uusapan ka nila oh, hahaha.

Iam and Ge got to watch Riki and Juliene as EdJop and Evelio respectively, while Rosa got to watch Ricky as the latter. Haha, saw those crazy mannerisms again. One was doing the "Lea Salonga" look (that Pam had once demonstrated). Another was as stiff as a board. The other looked like Droopy. Sitting next to Mailes, we were both chuckling at some funny nuances and other stuff, that Anna had even captured on camera.

Haha, after the show, when the crowd had thinned out, Rosa had managed to find the place where I could recreate that photo she had mentioned at Pancake House. Hopefully I'll remember later.

10 comments:

  1. I was supposed to watch sunday evening :( I wasn't able to coz of the traffic from Tagaytay. howell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's still 2 weekends left. Watch ka pa rin! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea how the fudge I'm going to pull it off with the insanities going on right now, but I sooo want to watch, hahaha! xP

    Additionally...Olive as in Nieto? Haha. post-Penguin I've been pretty detached from people, rawr. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Haha, detachment is actually healthy. I'm a clingy person as well, so it's alright to miss people. The good ones always come back anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i noticed nga may mga natanggal at nadagdag na scenes....riki is ok in his lines but singing wise, concert to the max sila ricky and jett, nice blending din..but ricky has to work on blending ....i watched sat evening..:D heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, may mga natatanggal talaga sa show all throughout their rehearsals, I'm told. I have yet to watch Jett and Ricky together, though.
    You watched nung Saturday? Didn't see you then, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are being polite Hogie... develop your critical thinking on analyzing it.
    Honestly... It sucks... material and direction don't work. It's a major struggle for the actors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, maybe a little too polite. I'm easy to hunt down if ever I put down all those negative comments I have stashed in my mind.
    But yeah, I hear nothing but complaints from the actors because of everything that's been happening in EJ since they first started rehearsing. Haaay...

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was nice seeing you there pala sa CCP. hahaha. wala lang. nakakatuwa. pati nung pinapanood ko kayo ni kuya paulo sa conference. haha. nakakamiss ccp. sabi ko nga kay nicco pagkapasok namin, "it feels like home". hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Likewise, Opa! =) Hahaha, masaya ako lagi sa CCP, second home nating lahat eh, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete