Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Swimming in seafood in Dampa

The cast and crew of Kudeta didn't get to have a cast party after its closing show last Sunday because of the Pasinaya, plus half of the cast had EJ rehearsals in the evening. So Sir Floy invited a whole bunch of us to dinner at Dampa in Libis yesterday.

By the time Tad and I had arrived at Dampa, only Bajo was there, waiting for the rest to turn up. As it turned out, we were the first ones there. Riki had arrived a few minutes after we did, and we just stood around outside until the server that was assigned to Sir Floy's reservation approached us and said that we can go inside our dining area already.

The rest trickled in later. There was Chrome, Marj with John-john (sp?), Jerald, Bong, Wenah, Max, Anna, Tara and Russ, before Sir Floy had finally arrived to shop for the food. Of course, the whole time we were waiting, Chrome was still at it with his card tricks, introducing Je as one of his new apprentices. Chynna, Minette, Paulo and Jo-an arrived a little later. Hahaha, we found out that our server's name was Michael, so we called him Mikey, after Bong's character in Kudeta. How apt, hahaha.

Finally the food came. I mostly attacked the pusit and the shrimps, while the rest favored the crab. And even though Tad was allergic to almost every kind of seafood, both of us filled an entire plate just because of those darn shrimps. Yummm. I actually preferred the one with the spicy sauce than the fried salt-and-pepper shrimp. And of course, with all that kind of food, di uso ang poise with the whole spoon-and-fork. Kamayan galore! Wheee! The whole table was loaded with food that it was as if we weren't going to eat the next day, hahahaha!

Thank you for dinner, Sir Floy! You've been nothing but good to all of us. I sure hope I get to work with you sometime.

OK, you want to hear something funny? Part of me is seriously thinking about that ballroom dancing thing. It's been one of my biggest frustrations since I was a kid. Everyone wanted to dance modern stuff, and I seemed to be the only one I know who's actually interested in ballroom at a young age. Every time I watch dance competitions on TV, I marvel at how beautiful those couples dance together as one. Oh well. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment